Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:59 am

Anyone here into computer modding? I thought it would be nice to show off your work, any type of mod, basic or advanced, or just showing computers you have built.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Feb 2010, 7:32 am

I've built a couple. My newest one consists of:
Phenom IIx3 710 OCed from 26.ghz to 3.0
4GB DDR3 1333
500GB Samsung HDD
ATI Radeon 4850
and my main monitor is a sun 20 inch 4:3 lcd. The case is just a typical cheap micro atx, made of tinfoil or something,

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 10:39 am

My case is so screwed, if I put everything back as it should be, it overheats and shuts down. I've had to remove the side panels, the PSU, and move the pump and reservoir justoutside the case to get idle temperataures of 27c/39c respectively.

The PSU heats up the out pipe as well as the in pipe. I need a new case. Maybe the Corsair Obsidian 800D..

Maybe I'll post a pic with my current set up as my tower is large but small... well, tall and small

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Feb 2010, 3:25 pm

Oh, what brand of case is yours? Also how much did it cost to get all the necessary parts for water cooling?

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 6:16 pm

are you using one of the cheap thermaltake water cooling kits? I tried one of those and it was crap, the Intel stock fan cools better then it did, so I ended up taking it out and am using the intel fan till my next build, I will try something better then. I am using a Antec 1200 case and a Pc Power & Cooling power supply (the best psu you can get), so those were not the problem for me, the thermaltake kits are just cheap. Cheap + water + computer = bad (especialy when it springs a leak)

maleb
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2010, 11:21 am

I'm a big computer geek. When I had more time, I used to rebuild my systems all the time. Now, I just stick with a particular platform for a while.

Right now I have an older system (Core duo, 2.8ghz, 4gb of mem) that i use as my primary home machine, running Windows Media Center and a cable card. Probably will upgrade later this year or maybe in 2011 once 6 cores become more mainstream and power efficient.

I have a server with virtual machines running a quad AMD 9350e and 8 GB of ram of the low power Geil type. It runs all the time, so looked more for power savings rather then powerful. I have a virtualized copy of Home Server running on it with 3tb's of drive space I use to stream music and video to my xbox and MC.