Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 5:47 pm

at one time when i made kh2 code videos i got 1000 views a video and people were watching me left and right, then i posted something from the tea party and it all just died.

i posted a freaking parody and it gets 9 views in 3 days, my newest only have 1 view.

what happened!?

i have 269 subs and no one watches my stuff. the heck!?

i'm not trying to be freaking majorly popular but this is crap.

so i'm thinking of just deleting it.

this is getting worse then when i was at devaint art and that's saying something.

sorry but i just needed to rant.

also sorry if this is the wrong area

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 9:52 pm

I keep politics out of my Youtube videos. It's just not a good idea. Chances are half the people watching them won't agree with you, and it will influence their viewing habits.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 9:53 pm

monsterland wrote:
I keep politics out of my Youtube videos. It's just not a good idea. Chances are half the people watching them won't agree with you, and it will influence their viewing habits.

perfect explanation. :)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 10:03 pm

monsterland wrote:

I somewhat disagree.

The problem is that your regular viewers clearly have certain beliefs and opinions. Your parody video probably rubbed them the wrong way.

FWIW, the Tea Party people are not bad people and they represent a wide diversity of people. So, to insult or parody them in general could offend a lot of people you'd never suspect are involved with or generally support the movement.

You lose some supporters but find others. I see some wacky stuff on YouTube and people follow it, so I suppose content determines who subscribes.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 10:54 pm

the parody wasn't of the tea party it's basicly a recreation of armagedeon which is why i couldn't understand why it was hardly watched.

i'm actually a huge supporter of the tea party and even gave my dad my harddrive camara to get footage of it.

the video that broke me was a music video of the tea party i thought it would help my ratings, i used two rich mullins songs and posted it. my channel died after that, i personally struck the final blow and deleted it. i am going to hate telling my father he is going to flip, but i didn't want him watching me anymore. my family is religious and i am not.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 12:43 pm

update: i made a new channel, and i'm still not getting views i post random stuff like before but mostly dragon age. nothing is offencive is youtube having problems or something? a video i had posted before had 2000 views in just a few weeks but it now has 17 and it's the same video.

what am i doing wrong, what does it take to get seen on youtube. is it because my new name is one letter away from the offical dragon age channel

dragonage, theirs
dragonager, mine

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 1:45 pm

Sometimes youtube gets glitches, and it loses the number of people watching, or resets it etc. For example, there are videos I've watched scores of times (literally) on youtube that only register as having been watched six times. Yet I alone have watched them at least sixty... from other computers, even other youtube accounts.

So it could just be a glitch.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 3:29 pm

it could be a glitch i guess i'll play it by year then

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 7:21 am

Jetfox wrote:

Some research report (I can't think which right now, but very recent) found that frequency and duration of on-line posting were the greatest predictors of online followship and online credibility - it is not what you say or how you say, but the frequency and duration of saying it that builds kudos. So don't delete it.

EDIT: and if you want hits, where are your links?! Put the channel in your signature and in relevant postings, here and elsewhere.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 9:49 am

StuartN wrote:
Jetfox wrote:

Some research report (I can't think which right now, but very recent) found that frequency and duration of on-line posting were the greatest predictors of online followship and online credibility - it is not what you say or how you say, but the frequency and duration of saying it that builds kudos. So don't delete it.

EDIT: and if you want hits, where are your links?! Put the channel in your signature and in relevant postings, here and elsewhere.

opps it's already gone i made a new one though.

i never thought about putting links anywhere since my first channel did good for a while without them.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 10:28 am

Jetfox wrote:
i never thought about putting links anywhere since my first channel did good for a while without them.

How did you get views without sending out links? You should put a link in your post, because everyone who read this far is bound to click it.

I have done a couple of these viral campaigns, where you use cynical and concerted posting to give the impression of grass roots interest. It took a lot of work to get a successful outcome (i.e. getting it into the national papers and radio news) without getting caught.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 10:40 am

StuartN wrote:
Jetfox wrote:

How did you get views without sending out links? You should put a link in your post, because everyone who read this far is bound to click it.

I have done a couple of these viral campaigns, where you use cynical and concerted posting to give the impression of grass roots interest. It took a lot of work to get a successful outcome (i.e. getting it into the national papers and radio news) without getting caught.

i don't know how i was ansemfan at one point and posted code videos of kingdom hearts my most watched video had 10,000 plus hits, i guess that's what most youtubers were looking at.