Eric Weinstein interview w/ Garrett Lisi (The Portal Ep. 15)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2020, 10:22 pm

For anyone interested in a chat about the physics community, recent history, and some amount of debate:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 11:15 am

Weinstein is flippin amazing. He does some Joe Rogan shows too.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 1:49 pm

A big part of the talk, something they both agreed on, is that the sciences need offboard communities where they can stay credible but not get crushed by the group think (they both brought up string theory as something of a strong example of the later).

So much of human endeavor gets dominated by game theory (something they bring up with respect to the institutions), it amazes me that we even got this far without it polluting and clogging any semblance of human progress.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 7:27 am

Going to listen to this closely this weekend.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 10:05 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
For anyone interested in a chat about the physics community, recent history, and some amount of debate:

VERY good!
Many thanks for the recommendation. :nerdy: :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 8:14 pm

Another biggy that just got released today (watching now):