Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 7:55 am

I mean, they use spent uranium in bullets and stuff.

If I recall correctly, all it really does is just give off heat as it decays.

Think they could grind it up and put it in pavement just enough to just make the asphalt warn so in the winter months, people wouldn't have to plow.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 8:37 am

Err, no, why dont you type depleted uranium into google?, whatever you do if you are a young person, DONT click on the images of what depleted uranium is doing to the babies born in those lucky countries that are experiencing American brought "democracy".

It has a half life of 4.468 billion years so Iraq will never be a threat to Israel again.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 8:59 am

alright then. I am wrong and you're superior. I bow to you.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 9:21 am

MasterJedi wrote:
alright then. I am wrong and you're superior. I bow to you.

Goodness no, Iam not superior, I just visit Jeff Rense.com where I see all this usefull stuff.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 9:43 am

Nambo wrote:
... the images of what depleted uranium is doing to the babies born in those lucky countries that are experiencing American brought "democracy".

Wow. I had no idea ... and then our own troops and their offspring suffer in the very same ways.

Very ugly.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:21 am

MasterJedi wrote:
I mean, they use spent uranium in bullets and stuff.

If I recall correctly, all it really does is just give off heat as it decays.

Think they could grind it up and put it in pavement just enough to just make the asphalt warn so in the winter months, people wouldn't have to plow.

Depleted Uranium is chemically toxic as well as radioactive. It is nastier than lead but not as bad as plutonium which is one of the most chemically harmful elements we have at our disposal. You definitely do not want to breath in Uranium dust such as fills the air after an A-10 blasts and enemy tank to smithereens with kinetic energy alone. The DUI round has given a specially meaning to the term "kinetic kill weapon".

Death to the enemies of the Republic.

Delenda Islama est.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:37 am

Video: “The Doctor, the Depleted Uranium, and the Dying Children” http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 681767408#

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:54 am

Depleted uranium is also used for balancing aircraft, with anywhere from 0.5 to 1.5 tons in the wing-tips of some commercial airliners. This has caused concern where aircraft have crashed, especially crashed and burned, in populated areas. (The amounts released in Amsterdam, 1992, were the minutest fraction of that deliberately atomized in Iraq or Afghanistan).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 2:30 pm

Even if Uranium were safe its kinda rare and expensive to be used an ingredient in road asphalt ( kinda like using diamonds for landfill).

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Even if Uranium were safe its kinda rare and expensive to be used an ingredient in road asphalt ( kinda like using diamonds for landfill).

Not when its depleted, they have tons of the stuff, and its hard to get rid of, its probably a reason they are so keen to make weapons from it, its one way to get rid of the stuff.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 10:56 am

Nambo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Not when its depleted, they have tons of the stuff, and its hard to get rid of, its probably a reason they are so keen to make weapons from it, its one way to get rid of the stuff.

DU is also used as counterbalances on the wings of large commercial airplanes. That is not a weapons application.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 11:07 am

Weapon or not, if a plane crashes that is radiation being emitted. Maybe there are different materials available which would work. Then the silly question arises "can we afford it? no we can't" when we should always jump straight to the resource aspect.

Every little bit adds up and it does us no good, unless it is being used safely in the new style of fission reactors and hopefully soon fusion,

Radiation may be contributing to health problems we have today.There have been 2053 Nuclear Explosions from 1945 to 1998.

Possibly more by now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAnqRQg-W0k[/youtube]

DeusMechanicus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2011, 11:20 am

Rather than request easily self-obtained information on a message board, it is more efficient to attempt to find it from a search engine or in a scientific journal. If you still do not understand, then it may be necessary to clarify information with others.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 12:47 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:

Radiation may be contributing to health problems we have today.There have been 2053 Nuclear Explosions from 1945 to 1998.

Possibly more by now.

No above ground nuclear explosions subsequent to 1960 by virtue of an international treaty. Only the Chinese and the No. Koreans have exploded nukes above ground since then. Just a few shots. The radiation released since 1960 is in trivial amounts.

ruveyn