Opinions on the recent attack on PlayStation Network.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 6:53 am

Was wondering if anyone has an opinion, I hadn't seen a thread relating to this. Computer security related...

I fall into the category of having my data stolen. Not to mention when I watch Mcguyver on netflix it keeps prompting me to sign in then saying its under maintenance. So annoying... :o

I've also heard of this being a possible backlash due to their recent legal events, but I know sony has been about as un-user friendly for as long as I remember. I had to make custom connectors in order to use a sony dvd player with its own speakers (the connectors where cut off and very proprietary). I mean, sony does everything to make it as little as open source as possible and I love their technology, but I can never buy/use it because of its limitations.

What do you think, is this a backlash from users, a attempt to sell the information involved in the theft... 2 kids somewhere in New Jersey who got bored after running out of cheeto's?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 7:03 am

I'm obviously glad my CC info had expired, and I hadn't got around to updating it yet when the PSN outage started a couple weeks ago.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 May 2011, 2:22 pm

I'm just glad I didn't have any credit information on my PSN account, really.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 7:17 pm

Mine was totally on there, and current.

I'm not worried about my credit card tho, that all falls under fraud protection. I'm more worried about usernames/passwords. They now have access to a glorious amount of personal information.

Change your passwords, if they are the same as the psn network pw.