Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

hastalavistas
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2011, 11:22 am

Hi

I have problem planning my day properly so been looking at a smartphone for help.

There actually exists a model for ppl with kognitive problems: Handifon

That model however is kind of simple and more than 3 year old phone(HTC Cruiser)

What I wonder is it not possible to just get a modern smartphone and have similar functions as handifone?
Functions like:
Calender, Album, calculator, notepad and voicenotepad, picturecommunication, formulamanager and crisisplan,
expanded crisis plan for callin or sms är action.

Ive been looking at androids, seems there are low cost like X8 and also more advanced but which one fits my needs?

thanks for any help.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 1:35 am

It's called an iPhone. If you want something more autistic, a BlackBerry. :roll:

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jan 2011, 7:12 am

I'm not sure what a phone with a built in crisis plan would be, but otherwise any smartphone has all of those functions.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 11:07 am

iPhones are easiest to use and, most of the time, they "just work." Get a phone with Android on it and you'll probably spend more time patching it than using it, which is fun for geeks, but it can cause problems. BlackBerries are just crap, I don't see how they're even classed as smartphones.

One OS which is often overlooked, however, is webOS. Take a look at the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pixi Plus, they're cool phones.

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

IPhones are ok, but if u want something that really helps you i wild definitely go for Android! They have widgets and such things which i think are especially good for people with ASDs. I love my Android smartphone! It is a great help in my life!

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2011, 10:26 pm

IPhones are ok, but if u want something that really helps you i wild definitely go for Android! They have widgets and such things which i think are especially good for people with ASDs. I love my Android smartphone! It is a great help in my life!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Jun 2011, 7:39 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Get a phone with Android on it and you'll probably spend more time patching it than using it, which is fun for geeks, but it can cause problems.
I've never had to do this with my Android device, and neither have three other people I know with one.
"It just works" - and I'm not bound by St. Jobs.

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

Joshp406
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2011, 11:35 pm

Android is great if you like to geek around with it. It's got a lot (if not all) of the functions you were mentioning. Widgets are good for keeping organized (being as that seems to be a problems for most of us aspies). All and all, it all comes down to whatever mobile OS appeals to you.