Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm

I do not know if it's kosher to offer stuff for sale/trade on WP, but as this question comes up (where can I get a cheap PC/laptop), I thought I'd offer this here. I could not find a sub-forum specific for this so I posted here.

Not setting a price because I don't know what it's worth. To be fair, I'm picking up a newer laptop for my mom and shelling out $175, so that might give you an idea of value.

Dell Latitude D505

1.60 Ghz single core (Pentium M)
1280 MB RAM (we upgraded it)
14" XGA display (1024 x 768)
30 GB HDD
Modem port (56 kbps)
Modular CD-RW/DVD-ROM and Modular Floppy drive (use only one at a time unless you use USB interface cable (included)
LAN port
2 USB ports
VGA out
Serial out
Parallel out
WiFi

I "mind-wiped" it for someone to use as a Macbook conversion, but he had an issue with its one problem.

On/Off switch is twitchy. You have to press the button and the other side of the indicator panel to get the switch to trip. If you're an electronics guy you can probably replace the bad switch yourself or you can live with this issue. Dell's only offer is to replace the whole blasted MB for one switch.

In every other way, it works fine. I've restored the system to when it had XP on it and removed our office-specific stuff we had on it. Put OpenOffice on it, CutePDF Writer and Adobe Reader 10. Firefox and AVG.

Has power cord, original docs and discs, and two spare batteries.

PM or post up if you are interested.

Dell PDF if you want details....

www.dell.com/downloads/us/products/latit/d505_spec.pdf

Here's a photo. Sorry. Used my phone for it.

The power button near the top (oval dark thing) is the trouble spot. The indicator lights don't work unless you press down on them. Power on/off manually is done by pressing hard on the button and the other end of the oval. Been that way for a long time, but after the extended warranty was up. :roll: