Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

I mean the cheapest but easiest to use one out there.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

questor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 10:11 pm

Sorry I don't have any answers for you. I am thinking of getting a dumb phone myself--a Tracfone, with no I-net access. I don't need that when I am away from home, just phone features. I already have a digital camera, so I don't even need a camera phone. At home I use my desktop system to access the web, so again, I won't need the Tracfone for that.

I am thinking of getting a tablet PC or a small notebook PC to use in the bathroom, though. I have IBS, and am stuck in there a lot, and I gotta tell ya', bathrooms are boring :-(

I hope someone here at WP can help you. Have you tried the WP forum for computer and tech stuff?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 7:29 am

If it has to be cheap, go for the HTC Wildfire S, HTC Salsa, or HTC ChaCha.

beers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2012, 6:36 am

If you're down for cheap, something like the Optimus V is a decent phone, and $35/mo for unlimited data and texting w/ 300 minutes/mo is a pretty good value.

There's a current deal on it if you live anywhere near a Best Buy. I can't post URLs yet but if you go to SlickDeals and type in Optimus it's fairly easy to find.

evening
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

DONT get an HTC- their phones have a higher than usual crash or fail rate, then they're really iffy about refunds/repairs/ etc. they're been panned in the media cos of it-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/201 ... hones.html

get a refurb or second hand iphone. intuative to learn and soooooo lovely. get a 3g and theyre cheap as chips and still better than htc, sansung etc ;D

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

Find a good, but inexpensive Android phone. HTC is getting better about their quality and so is Samsung. 9 times out of 10, Android phones will be cheaper than iPhones.

Lynners
Raven
Raven

01 Feb 2012, 12:44 am

Boost is a good option too. They run on the Sprint network. They have mid-entry Android phones and an unlimited prepaid option starting at $55 a month with shrinkage (every 6 on-time payments your bill will be reduced by 5 dollars until you've reached $35). I'm tight on money, so this is what I use. I have the Galaxy Prevail (rooted!).

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 11:04 am

evening wrote:
DONT get an HTC- their phones have a higher than usual crash or fail rate, then they're really iffy about refunds/repairs/ etc. they're been panned in the media cos of it-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/201 ... hones.html

get a refurb or second hand iphone. intuative to learn and soooooo lovely. get a 3g and theyre cheap as chips and still better than htc, sansung etc ;D

Interesting article, it does have a few inaccuracies though, for example: "HTC is the new kid on the block among mobile phone companies" is incorrect - HTC started in 1997.

The problem with customer service on most companies is that it's outsourced, and the companies they're outsourced to are crap. The best thing to do is to buy the phone from a good retailer and get a replacement or refund from them if needed.

If you get a used anything then you'll have no customer service at all.