No, but I dont shape my day around it 27%  27%  [ 17 ]
Yes, and if its not sunny I have a bad day 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
No, and if its sunny I have a bad day 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 62

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 4:53 am

i prefer my sun to be wearing a cloudy mu mu, it is easier on my eyes and keeps me from overheating otherwise.

JesseCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2012, 12:42 am

I enjoy the sun, but not during the summer. I live in a highly populated city, so the sun+heat+pollution in the summer = hell on earth for a highly sensitive person like me.
I prefer the winter months. Sun is great, in moderation, and not in 100 degree weather when I have to wait in an underground subway to take the train to work. Might as well just shoot me.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:04 pm

I like the sun, for supplying me with bright sunshine (I was born in southwest Texas, so bright sunlight's just normal to me...;)
I think I may have seasonal affective disorder, since cloudy days just knock me out.

Plus, with no sun, we'd be getting used to the Kelvin scale, instead of C or F. I'd have to go out for a pail of air every now and again...;)

The_Final_Boss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

I am the same as OP. I do not understand moods changing around the sun, or lack thereof. Well, I can, but in the opposite. If it is a heatwave, I am not happy!

I certainly don't go on holiday "chasing the sun".

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

I like rain, and I like snow. I like hurricanes, also. The sun is OK, but it's somewhat overrated by the general population. Variety is the spice of life. Of course, I can tolerate cold weather far better than hot weather, and the snow has a muting effect that I enjoy -- the sun can be too bright sometimes and give me migraines while driving, which is a decidedly bad thing.

Despite all that, no - and I don't usually shape my day around it.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

I love what it does for plants and creatures but I don't like hot weather and I can't go out in the sun much - tho' I do go for walks with long sleeves and a bandanna protecting my neck, and dark glacier-type sunglasses.
I messed up my eyes back in my young days, on a sunny day of late winter skiing; and the optometrist told me I was almost permanently blinded.
I keep my blinds mostly closed in my house especially in the morning when the sunlight angles across all the shiny surfaces in the kitchen - I can't tolerate that at all.
I like storms (to a point) and clouds and rain and changing skies.

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:40 pm

I'm not against the concept of the Sun, but let's just say that Sol and I have a complicated relationship.

I've caught fire before, so I know what I smell like extra crispy. I *swear* to you that after a long day out in the sun, I smell like that, at approx. 1/1000th intensity.

eigerpere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

Sunny days help a lot to lift the spirits.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:29 am

when i was a child and a teenager i was always cold so i would often nap in sunbeams around the house. i used to like the sun a lot.

now i am allergic to the sun, so my skin doesn't like it. and bright sunlight gives me migraines, so my eyes don't like it either. plus sunstroke or heatstroke if i stay out in it too long. so i'd say overall i do not like it very much. although... indirect sunlight on a quiet summer's day filtered through curtains is lovely.

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

I like the sun, it definitely makes me feel better altogehter.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:34 am

I like rainy and gloomy days.

The sun hurts my eyes, makes my skin itch, and just makes me feel generally uncomfortable/burning. I also do not like being hot.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

soozzi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

Yes, softer, winter sun can be nice, provided it's not reflecting off something. Still cannot ever go out without sunglasses (which are never dark enough for me) any time. Many times my eyes have stung and watered in bright sun.

I love rain, overcast days and a breeze if it's hot. I like thunderstorms although the noise of thunder overhead or the crack of lightning never fails to shock.

I always have a snigger when I read real estate ads that say "plenty of natural light" - that's definitely not somewhere I'm going to live!

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 1:43 am

Hexagon wrote:
I'm continually perplexed by the NT obsession with the sun. They seem to be more miserable, more angry and frequently call it a 'bad day' when its raining, and seem happy when its sunning. I dislike the way the sun gets in my eyes, and how it usually makes me too hot, but I don't shape my entire day around it. I wondered if other aspies feel the same way about it. It seems illogical to me.

The sun does affect my mood, but I don't get upset if it's not sunny outside. I prefer the moments before storms. They're the best. I do get miserable if it's too cold though, no matter whether there's a lot of sun during the day or not.

I don't like it if it's very sunny. I find that even a bit scary most of the time because... I don't know... Too much sun is not healthy.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman