Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2012, 5:53 am

I do photoshoots once in a while and i use digital lockers (i.e. Megaupload and the like) send photo sets to the people who have done these photo shoots. But with Megaupload now shut down and others likely to to be taken down by the hellspawn of the entertainment industry, i am looking for a site (Kinda like flickr) where i can upload pictures for people of my photo shoot to download. Any suggestions?

Daneeka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

Have you tried Dropbox?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2012, 2:34 pm

I use Drop-box for photos and PDF storage and sharing. $10 per month for 50 gigs and around $20 for 100 gigs.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:35 pm

Any particular reason you don't want to use Flickr? Aren't they specifically set up for that?

If you're worried about file sizes, Flicker should be fine for people to browse your photos, and if you want to send them large files, services like yousendit.com should suit your needs for that just fine I would think. If I remember correctly you can send up to 100 MB for free.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

You can also try Picasa which has both an photo editor and a photo storage site.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

Picasa's not bad actually. You can manage all your online photos off line too with their software. It's pretty decent.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

MrXxx wrote:
If you're worried about file sizes, Flicker should be fine for people to browse your photos

There are pieces of software available that will let you download your entire Flickr photostream onto your HD as well.