Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MelBell
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2014, 11:58 am

I'm a relative beginner programmer, but I wanted to find some other people with my interests. (; I am fluent in both HTML and CSS (I might be just a little rusty at the moment because it's been a few months since I did any code writing), however I don't yet have knowledge in other languages.

For starters, if you happen to know a great place to learn those other common languages, please share. But uh, only free ones, please.

Anyway, I know how to do some of the more basic web design, meaning I can go about as far as is possible with just HTML/CSS. On the other hand, I have little to no knowledge on Flash, Javascript, PHP, etc.

I'm looking to see what other web coders we have here? Also, if anyone's got some type of programming project that I could help with, feel free to ask; I'm looking for all the practice I can get.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 1:28 pm

TheNewBoston would be a great place to start. After you've learned to program, you might want to check out the SOLID principles, various frameworks for software deveopment, unit testing and so on. Far too often you see programmers who place too much in one class, who have a lot of copy-paste code and so on.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 4:19 am

I code, mostly in PHP, but a bit of javascript/jquery as well & of course html/css to some extent.

PHP/Javascript/jQuery are the way to go at this point, maybe python or ruby if you're into serious app development.
Flash isn't really worth it at this point.

I'm actually working on a big project, but I need someone who knows Twitter Bootstrap CSS really well.

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2014, 10:45 pm

Bodyles wrote:
I code, mostly in PHP, but a bit of javascript/jquery as well & of course html/css to some extent.

PHP/Javascript/jQuery are the way to go at this point, maybe python or ruby if you're into serious app development.
Flash isn't really worth it at this point.

I'm actually working on a big project, but I need someone who knows Twitter Bootstrap CSS really well.

Can't go wrong knowing the languages Bodyles stated above. Flash is being deprecated so I wouldn't bother with it.