Could I effectively replace manual writing with a tablet?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm

Tablets can use styluses, which can effectively replace pens, right? And the ability to automatically digitize the documents, of course...

Is it just a matter of installing an app?

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 8:52 pm

Theoretically you could replace actual hand writing with a tablet but the results won't be as accurate as physically writing. You'd probably have better luck inputting data with a physical keyboard for the tablet. That's only MY opinion though, try for yourself and see what works for you :)

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 11:49 pm

It should be possible. That feature was available on my old Palm Pilot computer more than ten years ago and technology has moved on since then. I could use the stylus to write text which it digitised. The only downside was it required you to use a special type of handwriting, which made sense if you think about it as there are thousands of different styles of handwriting and getting it to recognise them all would have been technologically very difficult. Technology may have moved on nowadays making it possible to give an app a sample of your handwriting and it will recognise what you write. That technology *should* exist by now; but whether it is does and is available on tablets is a different matter.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm

My Samsung has a stylus and it's great and fast

Galaxy Note 10.1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_10.1

S-Pen bitchezzzzzzzzzzz!! !! :P :P :P :P :P