Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2015, 1:31 pm

Yes, I need your help as in you...yes you. Don't look at me like that, I'm talking about *YOUR* help!

Why? Because I know you're awesome and love helping people out with this kind of thing. At least, that's what they tell me.

Anyway, it's a problem with my browser. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8. When I go to a webpage, a gray bar will drop from the top reading, "Width: 1366". Will you help me get rid of it?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm

sry, I don't know Chrome otherwise I would help you.

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm

slave wrote:
sry, I don't know Chrome otherwise I would help you.

Well, your post count just went up by one.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 9:41 am

I am using Chrome on Windows 8 and don't see this bar.

Which mode are you using Chrome in?

I am a bit nervous responding to you because I am currently typing in a dark room.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

Well I, as in me personally can only add what that is. That's your screen resolution, or at least the width and based on that I'd say your height (in pixels) of your computer is 768. It's the same as mine and a pretty standard resolution on laptops. But other than that I can't help. I use windows 7 and have never had this. Sorry. :(

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2015, 5:30 pm

Grue wrote:
Anyway, it's a problem with my browser. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8. When I go to a webpage, a gray bar will drop from the top reading, "Width: 1366". Will you help me get rid of it?
Sounds like an extension problem to me. Chrome's been weird with me to be honest, but maybe that's why I like it so much. Try this:

Menu > Settings > Extensions

If you have anything relating to measurement (ruler, resizer, etc.), web development (developer's console, firebug), or anything new you don't recognize, try unchecking the "Enabled" box on those. At least in my experience, extensions are "instant-on, instant-off", so there shouldn't be any need to restart your browser (although I may be wrong on that -- I know Firefox has a mix of both, so it wouldn't surprise me). You may need to reload one of your tabs or make a new one to verify the bar is gone.

Let us know if that works, and if it did, which extension was at fault. Curiosity and all :wink:

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

Shep wrote:
Sounds like an extension problem to me. ...

Let us know if that works, and if it did, which extension was at fault. Curiosity and all :wink:

I Agree. I looked through both the touch and desktop modes on windows 8 for a while and found nothing like this, and it sounds like a feature of a web developer extension.

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2015, 8:24 am

Shep wrote:

ding ding ding!

How'd you know I was talking to you? I didn't use any names!

Yeah, it was an unwanted extension that wormed its way into Chrome. Yeah, had a pretty nasty virus recently.

Thanks!