Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 10:50 pm

I leave my desktop on when I'm not on it & don't restart very often. Everything is OK when I restart my comp but after a couple days things start lagging when I'm using my browser which is FireFox. It sometimes doesn't respond rite away when I scroll & then jumps if I keep scrolling. The letters sometimes don't appear rite away when I type but if I keep typing they will suddenly all show up at the same time. It also may not load links rite away when I click on them. My girlfriend sometimes uses my comp & she notices similar issues on my Internet Explorer. My girlfriend has none of these problems when she uses her tablet & I'm able to play high def vids on YouTube OK so I don't think my internet is the problem. I tried closing uTorrent & my VPN but I still noticed the issues. I checked my running processes & I don't see anything hogging RAM or CPU. My comp responds like always when I'm doing non browser things on it. I never had these issues till a month or so ago & I don't recall installing anything & I have not made any changes to my hardware so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm running Windows 7 with 11GB of RAM & my processor is an i7 920 @ 2.67GHz. Does anyone have any idea on what the issue may be :?:

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

Last edited by nick007 on 08 Apr 2016, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 11:38 pm

My first recommendation would be to clear your cache-- you could have corrupt data that's bogging things down. (Google clear cache, I don't use FF so I don't know how to in that specific browser).

Second, check for spyware, malware, etc-- it's 2016, you should know that drill by now. '

Lastly, back up the browsing history if you want to keep it and reinstall Firefox.

If all that fails I don't know what to tell you except perhaps a complete reformat of the computer and a fresh install of the operating system-- but that's a little drastic for a browser being a bit slow.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 1:20 am

I didn't think of clearing my cache. My girlfriend notices issues on my Internet Explorer but maybe I need to clear that one as well. I run virus scans fairly often but maybe I should double check with a different program. I'll do those things & see if the issues come back.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.