Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

13 Mar 2016, 10:25 am

I feel like making a very big prank on my family and making them believe that the house has been turned into a modern spaceship flying in outer space. This is how i'm going to do this prank:

1) Cover all the windows in the house with computer screens displaying outer space
2) Get a motor to make it look like we are flying on a spaceship

I'm planning on making all the LCD screen from scratch. Any help will be appreciated!

My personality type: INTJ-T

Catinator
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Mar 2016, 1:08 pm

It would be a good concept, but it would be hard to believe. Something like... Covering the windows to make it look like the house opposite has been demolished? It would be difficult, and one would need some good Photoshopping skills, but yes, it's a good idea!

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 9:08 pm

It wouldn't work. There is the problem of the dynamic range not been enough to look "real" on modern screen, but most of all perspective effects; the picture is the same on a screen everywhere, while simply walking toward a window reveal more of the landscape. For such a prank to work you would need some kind of "holographic display" with very high dynamic range which don't exist. (Neither consumer-grade computing power for such a display.)