Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 7:19 pm

It is possible for someone to learn both keyboards and type good on both of them. I've read of several people that can do this.

RockoTDF
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2007, 12:13 am

dumbgenius wrote:
It is possible for someone to learn both keyboards and type good on both of them. I've read of several people that can do this.

A professor sf mine says that one of his friends from college can do this...Im trying to, but Im not doing too well at it

I love Dvorak...its made my left hand totally free of motion injury. My right is still kind of bad, but this is probably because I have the most unergonomic mice known to man on my computers.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 11:14 am

I rarely use my mouse. I just use shortcuts.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2007, 8:19 pm

Pugly wrote:
About a month to get about 70% of my skill. And then about another 3 months to get up to 100%.

I wanted to see how long it would take to switch, and how my brain would handle it. A sort of mental test.

Now I look ret*d when I use a conventional keyboard... :?

Well it was worth it... :D

lol... that's kinda interesting. I might like to try that for the challenge. I'm a pretty quick typer (usually 80-90 wpm with fairly good accuracy). I'd like to see if it were possible for me to switch between dvorak and qwerty on the fly. You know, like switching between two languages. It sounds like it's hard for you, but then again, that's probably because you never use qwerty anymore.