Page 2 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 10:47 pm

Magna wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Magna wrote:
It's a possibility that in the not so distant future separating men and women in sports, locker rooms, bathrooms, scholarships, grants, clubs, the Olympics or even clothing sections in stores will be offensive and insulting.

It's also possible in the not so distant future that monkeys will fly out of my butt. :P

I don't understand why you say that. There are already numerous cases in high school sports where biological males identifying as female are breaking girl's records. To continue to limit HS sports to boy and girl teams very well could be viewed as archaic, and discriminatory. Forcing a person to have to pick only between male or female teams when the number of genders is expanding rapidly. Tethering gender to biology as it is now, I believe, will be deemed as overly restrictive and will no longer be accepted.

Why would you disagree?

I wasn't disagreeing, I was expressing frustration through a joke. Why do you care about what high school athletes are doing? Why does it matter so much that this strict binary be maintained, what good does it serve? Not everyone fits into a gender binary, f*****g get over it!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm

Magna wrote:
Magna wrote:
It's a possibility that in the not so distant future separating men and women in sports, locker rooms, bathrooms, scholarships, grants, clubs, the Olympics or even clothing sections in stores will be offensive and insulting.

It's also possible in the not so distant future that monkeys will fly out of my butt. :P

I don't understand why you say that. There are already numerous cases in high school sports where biological males identifying as female are breaking girl's records. To continue to limit HS sports to boy and girl teams very well could be viewed as archaic, and discriminatory. Forcing a person to have to pick only between male or female teams when the number of genders is expanding rapidly. Tethering gender to biology as it is now, I believe, will be deemed as overly restrictive and will no longer be accepted.

Why would you disagree?

I wasn't disagreeing, I was expressing frustration through a joke. Why do you care about what high school athletes are doing? Why does it matter so much that this strict binary be maintained, what good does it serve? Not everyone fits into a gender binary, f*****g get over it!

I care only in that I'm interested from an anthropological perspective. I suppose anytime a society shifts with anything, there are winners and losers. In the context of sports, if sports currently separated as male and female continue as such, forcing biological males who identify as female to join a girls/womens team, it's possible that biological females will lose out.

Wow, this is honestly freaky. After I posted the above, within minutes, I noticed the following on Drudge:

"WASHINGTON, D.C. — Kara Dansky, a feminist lawyer and spokeswoman for Women's Liberation Front (WoLF), spoke against the so-called "Equality Act" at the Heritage Foundation on Monday, denouncing the transgender and gender identity movement as anti-women and anti-lesbian in particular. Her remarks echoed the London Pride March sign declaring that "Transactivism Erases Lesbians."

"This is a Men's Rights movement — this is really a Men's Rights movement," Dansky declared, calling for men to stand up for women and denounce the transgender movement."

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:22 am

Blah blah blah, my problem is people wanted to discuss the science behind it and there is none. It's bunk science, crap wrapped in a pretty science package. It's so funny to see people still try to argue it being fully aware that it's nothing more than crap posing as real science. Sorry, just hijacking our words for political agenda doesn't work for me, if you want to insult, I think anyone who goes for it less intelligent than the monkey that's gender cannot be determined , Lol, on this one even the monkey is laughing at you, and you said that poor monkey doesn't have culture. Lol!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:30 am

AspE, I wasn't going to call you out but now you have abandoned your 'science' talk on this particular subject, that shows me my thoughts were correct, you are politically driven to make arguments, not scientifically driven. That is why you express this odd thinking patter of any thing left 'good', anything right 'bad', most sensible people have positions that can be on either side. Guess what gender I am now? So very laughable!

Your mind is too political, that's what drives you to even flat out lie, as long as it benefits your political views. That is very sad from my perspective, I prefer to always take an honest approach.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:41 am

Magna wrote:
Magna wrote:

Why would you disagree?

Loll, what a sight. Completely ridiculous, now resorting to anger and attacking people who are making valid points. Guess women's rights is something you don't truly stand for, since you will allow a man to dominate women's sports. Think I may join women's wrestling, I could set some high records, you should cheer for me, I will claim I'm a woman so it will all be legit, loll!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:53 am

I wonder what's next on the agenda for SAW's? Perhaps you all should attack the colors blue and red to appeal to color blind people, we will call them, dark gray and dark gray 2.

Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:53 am

And out come the MRAs. Wonderful.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 5:07 am

The problem with snowflakes is they eventually melt, can't take the heat. Lol :lol:

Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 5:37 am

Crimadella wrote:
The problem with snowflakes is they eventually melt, can't take the heat. Lol :lol:

Nah it's cool, please continue sharing your beliefs freely. It's not like you guys are known for foot-in-mouth disease, I doubt you'll say anything that contravenes the forum rules, you MRA guys never do. That's why you'll find such a huge population of MRAs here willing to talk with you openly about your sexism, I mean, beliefs.

Oh wait, hang on a minute... :lol:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jan 2019, 8:24 am

Please get back on topic if you want to post here, Crimadella.

The standard of debate is deteriorating and you know you can do better than that even if you disagree with the OP and other users.

Thanks!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Last edited by envirozentinel on 29 Jan 2019, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.: Typo

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:23 am

Envirozentinel,

Yes, I was worried about that, within this topic nothing is really left to debate, but I question why only say something to me when katathraace..... Is actually the one who abandoned debate and started lashing out at people for not agreeing with her?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:30 am

You started the thread, Crim. You should at least try to keep it on track.

Anyway...

I'll stand by my original scientific interpretations. Sex is only a person's genetically-determined reproductive role, while gender involves a wide expression of epigenetic, environmental, social, and spiritual factors. Thus, sex and gender are not the same thing.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:41 am

Ok. I don't understand how it's ok for another to result to insults but either way...

I stick to my position because I don't agree with political hijacking of words that already existed and referred to a biological answer. That doesn't make me a woman hater or stupid. I don't like that is presented as science when it's not science. I don't like that now 'some' believe that humans are the only species that possess gender when it has widely been excepted for ages that all nearly all species have gender. It goes against science to appeal to a 'political minority'. I guess that is my closing argument.

I am a bit confused about the rules though, sorry, one last question. Is it ok to lash out at people in anger, insulting others and cussing for not agreeing with you as long as you didn't start the post? Or is what she did also frowned upon? (For future reference)

Last edited by Crimadella on 29 Jan 2019, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:48 am

Crimadella wrote:
Ok. I don't understand how it's ok for another to result to insults but either way...
Take the "high road", and don't let others bait or goad you into needless bickering.
Crimadella wrote:
I stick to my position because I don't agree with political hijacking of words that already existed and referred to a biological answer.
"Political Hijacking"? Language evolves. Words change meaning. It happens.
Crimadella wrote:
That doesn't make me a woman hater or stupid.
Who said you were? (I may have missed something).
Crimadella wrote:
I don't like that is presented as science when it's not science.
Not science? How so? Would you rather it was presented as religion? If so, which religion?
Crimadella wrote:
I don't like that now 'some' believe that humans are the only species that possess gender when it has widely been excepted for ages that all nearly all species have gender.
Evidence, please? And if by "widely accepted" you mean "accepted by a few people I know", then you're way off-base.
Crimadella wrote:
It goes against science to appeal to a 'political minority'. I guess that is my closing argument.
Strawman. No one is appealing to a "political minority", unless the Green Party has taken an official stance in this thread.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:58 am

Crimadella wrote:
AspE, I wasn't going to call you out but now you have abandoned your 'science' talk on this particular subject, that shows me my thoughts were correct, you are politically driven to make arguments, not scientifically driven. That is why you express this odd thinking patter of any thing left 'good', anything right 'bad', most sensible people have positions that can be on either side. Guess what gender I am now? So very laughable!

Your mind is too political, that's what drives you to even flat out lie, as long as it benefits your political views. That is very sad from my perspective, I prefer to always take an honest approach.

I cited nothing but science, and you responded with arguments from incredulity. You are the one being political. I agree the science of gender will lead to sociological issues, as our culture has yet to adapt to revealed science. I've said little so far about right and left, but you are clearly operating from a right perspective, the side most obviously anti-science and pro-industry, and they don't seem to care when inconvenient facts get in the way of their political agenda. I hope someday you can transcend your politics and deal with reality as it is, not how you want it to be.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 10:02 am

Crimadella wrote:
I wonder what's next on the agenda for SAW's? Perhaps you all should attack the colors blue and red to appeal to color blind people, we will call them, dark gray and dark gray 2.

Actually, color classification is indeed culturally influenced. Ancient Japan never acknowledged the color green. It was thought of as a shade of blue.

So wrap your little head around that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nihong ... olors/amp/