Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 4:29 pm

Alright, so I know I said I was taking a break, but I am only passing through. Shh.

So, I am looking for a decent program I can use to create vector art such as icons. Shape manipulation is a must. I don't particularly want to use Adobe, but I may have to - it's expensive but damn it's good. Doesn't have to be free, but preferably something that isn't subscription based.

Basic icons are fairly easy to get, but I would like to have a tool I can use to create more bespoke shapes and such. I want to create my own illustrations using shapes I can adjust and combine.

As for animation, I am looking for a program which will allow me to save character poses. I know Blender has this option where you can rig a pose using bones. Essentially I am looking for a way to do that with 2d design. A way to keep a character in proportion and to repeat certain poses without having to redraw them each time.

I don't expect one software to do all this, but if there are any you can think of that fit into either of these categories, let me know. Thanks.

(Whilst pirating is an option, it seems more trouble than it's worth).

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 6:59 pm

Back when I was into computer art Inkscape was the go-to tool for vectors.

You might be able to use blender for 2d animation with bones.

Are you into programming at all? That's something which could be done easily if you have the right language.

HMM
Inkscape can do animations:
https://inkscape.org/~IK/%E2%98%85anima ... cape-gears

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 12:17 am

Thanks for bringing Inkscape to our attention. Looks interesting....

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 2:46 am

That's alright :)

lm8
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2023, 12:27 pm