Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 10:56 am

dent you got it wrong. MS owns a small percent of non-voting shares, that's all.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Sep 2008, 9:45 pm

The ad was funny but I'd love to see an apple response. However, this underscores a point that where as we have the famous geek wars of windows vs. mac vs. linux ati vs. nvidia intel vs. amd most users don't care in that if a computer does what the user wants it to do then the components running it or the operating system running it is irrelevant to the user

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2008, 9:55 am

First of all, I really liked that ad. It's the perfect antithesis to the outright smugness of Apple's ad campaign, which I really, really hated, despite being an avid Mac user.

Secondly, @ Keith - no, Apple still use the Intel x86 architecture in their machines. AFAIK Intel developed the Core 2 processors for Mac, but then went ahead and replaced the entire Pentium range with Core 2s anyway. The only difference between Macs and PCs is that Apple design and specify all their machines, meaning that because OSX and its applications only have to run on a narrow range of hardware, that they are far better optimised for running on that hardware.

Finally, @ Orwell - Yeah, getting OSX to run on a home-built PC is by no means an easy feat, and at least for a lot of the time, using hardware that falls outside of Apple's spec tends to completely break it, but there have been reports of users managing to assemble stable systems comparable in performance to the fastest 2x quad-core Xeon Mac Pros for around half the price you would pay if you bought from Apple!

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 3:19 am

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any more Mac vs. PC ads since this one came out. Friggin' awesome. I'm a guy that wouldn't mind owning a Mac, but refuse to based off of the d-bagginess of those commercials. That and I find it easier to do engineering work on a PC.

khelben1979
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2008, 8:22 am

Boring video. Not very inspiring.

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Sep 2008, 7:42 pm

How would Apple respond? My version:

Yes PC you are a stereotype but then again here are those who are macs (Armies of people looking like a Mac show up along with army of people looking like PC & then a massive Warhammer 40K battle ensures with a group of Penguins looking on (Linux distributions) suddenly taking over both sides & declaring victory (And said Penguins would be discussing the fine tribute Blizzard makes to Warhammer 40K by gathering a large numbers like the Zerg)

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 5:27 am

Eggman wrote:
Way to go Microsoft! One of my favorite live365 stations features a Pc biased Pc vs.Mac on their site http://www.ijdeevo.com .

This is the theme song for it

One is an indvidual
One always confirms
One is very open
One has a closed policy as a norm
One is playful
One is dull
One runs the world
One has an influance that is null
One is gives you the most bang for your buck
One costs you all even the shirt on your back
One's name is PC