Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 3:39 pm

Is anyone having issues accessing Yahoo? I can't get to the homepage and my email is out. Something apparently happened to Yahoo, and I wonder if others are having issues accessing any Yahoo services.

EDIT: 3:43 PM/ET - its now working, I can access my mail and get to the homepage. I still would like to know if anyone else had problems accessing Yahoo between 3:00 - 3:30 ET today.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2008, 3:53 pm

Yes, I haven't been able to get on all day. :x :( :? :x :( :? :x :evil:

Is it back up? Will go check if I can access my mail then. :)

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2008, 3:55 pm

Noooo! :evil: :( :x :cry: :? Grr!

What is wrong with it? It's been increasingly clunky/out of order for a few days now. And today I literally can't check my mail at all. Aaarrggh! :? :(

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 3:56 pm

ouinon wrote:
Yes, I haven't been able to get on all day. :x :( :? :x :( :? :x :evil:

Is it back up? Will go check if I can access my mail then. :)

At this moment, I can get onto Yahoo. I am not sure if everyone can get on. I don't know what happened if it was a T-1/bandwidth/server issue or what.

Also where are you from? This may be a local issue in different areas of the country/world. That might be another cause; since I am accessing from the Northeast of the US.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2008, 3:58 pm

I'm in France, so it's Yahoo.fr.

It just won't open. When I try to login it keeps producing that page about not getting a connection. In fact this afternoon/evening I can't even get to the login page.

:? .

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 4:02 pm

ouinon wrote:
I'm in France, so it's Yahoo.fr.

It just won't open. When I try to login it keeps producing that page about not getting a connection. In fact this afternoon I can't even get to the login page.

:? .

That's the same problem I had.

I wonder if this is sabotage from Carl Ichan and his fellows forcing Yahoo to be sold to Microsoft. 100% unlikely, but that was the latest story today for the company. [It's a Joke, Dangit!! !]

Last edited by steveos87 on 03 Dec 2008, 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2008, 4:08 pm

steveos87 wrote:
I wonder if this is sabotage from Carl Ichan and his fellows forcing Yahoo to be sold to Microsoft. 100% unlikely, but that was the latest story today for the company.

It's weird, that sort of explanation, reminds me of stories about gangs holding up the stagecoach/mail expresses in the USA!

I hope the battle for control is over soon. ( and that it's not my computer being overrun from the inside by a trojan horse or something ).

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 4:11 pm

ouinon wrote:
steveos87 wrote:
I wonder if this is sabotage from Carl Ichan and his fellows forcing Yahoo to be sold to Microsoft. 100% unlikely, but that was the latest story today for the company.

It's weird, that sort of explanation, reminds me of stories about gangs holding up the stagecoach/mail expresses in the USA!

I hope the battle for control is over soon. ( and that it's not my computer being overrun from the inside by a trojan horse or something ).

It was just a very dry joke. I watch a lot of CNBC and follow the markets...

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2008, 4:15 pm

steveos87 wrote:

Ok. 8)

I'm giving up for the day. I hope it's back up tomorrow.

I've been wondering if it's the build up to Xmas that's been saturating it. Net-Gridlock.

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 4:19 pm

ouinon wrote:
steveos87 wrote:

Ok. 8)

I'm giving up for the day. I hope it's back up tomorrow.

I've been wondering if it's the build up to Xmas that's been saturating it. Net-Gridlock.

Yahoo isn't really a shopping site and the only net-gridlock that I have encountered in recent years was really MySpace and Google. Yahoo is very reliable and I am guessing they are a unix/linux operation, so something serious is happening. No word online or CNBC about this outage...

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2008, 2:26 am

steveos87 wrote:
Yahoo isn't really a shopping site.

No, but whenever I buy something with Amazon I get three to four messages in my mail; one to confirm order, another to confirm receipt of payment, and a third from the seller saying that they have received my order thank you very much, and then later I often get at least one extra message to say that the package is on its way.

So at Xmas ...

This morning I still couldn't get into Yahoo, until I tried ( french ) googling Yahoo!Mail, clicked on "Mon Mail", and was able to login on that page and access everything. :D So I have replaced my old yahoo bookmark. :D

Something had turned my old yahoo bookmark, ( but none of my other bookmarks :? ), into so much gobbledygook, on both our portable/laptop and the desktop. Apparently there was a router out in the USA and everything went "blooie". But don't know if that would have affected the french system.

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2008, 11:33 am

I habe been having problems all yesterday and today. The messanger for the web was down, the mail, and the my yahoo page was down. But The search engine was up and running.