Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kyte
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm

I have a word document on my computer that I update with finished anime and give them a rating between 1-10. I have around 55 finished anime on the list as of the time I am writing this post. I could post the list here if anyone is interested.

My Favorites have been these in no particular order

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood,
Code Geass,
Steins Gate,
Wolfs Rain,
Angel Beats,
Zetsuen no Tempest,
Hellsing Ultimate.
Psycho-Pass:
Attack on Titan
Elfin Lied

Honorable mention: Naruto/N-Shippuden
(Not the best, but I've been watching it since I was like 13)

Also Kenya, have you seen Clannad Afterstory? i havent seen it, but I've heard that it is one of the best anime out there.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 7:14 pm

Kyte wrote:
Also Kenya, have you seen Clannad Afterstory? i havent seen it, but I've heard that it is one of the best anime out there.

I haven't. In all honesty, my honorable mentions list is mostly for Animes that I've only seen partially (except for Moon Phase which I've seen all of and found enjoyable), but have still left an impression on me. Clannad I've only watched the first 2 episodes of about 2-3 years ago at my college's Anime Club, but it's had enough of an impact that I've wanted to continue it. It's just been hard for me to come across until recently. I keep hearing from people how great it is so I'll definitely resume it after I'm done with Death Note. Also, out of curiosity, how do you prefer your Anime: Subbed or Dubbed?

Kyte
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2015, 2:35 am

ah gotcha, Ive yet to start Clannad, next time I'm in the mood for a slice of life ill be watching that one.
For now, my immediate list consists of Black Butler, Black Lagoon, Tokyo Ghoul, and Psycho-pass 2.

And to answer your question, you will hear a lot of people say that the Japanese original is always better than the english dub. I don't buy into that. Some English voice actors are fantastic, others aren't so great. same goes for the japanese. There are also other factors. Spice and wolf for example seemed to take place in old Europe, Japanese voices felt really out of place for me. Further, If the anime is really complex (Code Geass and/or Psycho-pass) I have trouble following along with subtitles (I'm a slow reader).

Short answer, it just depends. I would say about 80% I watch is in SUB because I enjoy the language and am trying to learn it, but I have no problem with English dub like a lot of people do.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 4:44 am

Kyte wrote:
ah gotcha, Ive yet to start Clannad, next time I'm in the mood for a slice of life ill be watching that one.
For now, my immediate list consists of Black Butler, Black Lagoon, Tokyo Ghoul, and Psycho-pass 2.

And to answer your question, you will hear a lot of people say that the Japanese original is always better than the english dub. I don't buy into that. Some English voice actors are fantastic, others aren't so great. same goes for the japanese. There are also other factors. Spice and wolf for example seemed to take place in old Europe, Japanese voices felt really out of place for me. Further, If the anime is really complex (Code Geass and/or Psycho-pass) I have trouble following along with subtitles (I'm a slow reader).

Short answer, it just depends. I would say about 80% I watch is in SUB because I enjoy the language and am trying to learn it, but I have no problem with English dub like a lot of people do.

I tend to lean more towards Subs also. I did like the Dubs for Spice And Wolf and Wolf's Rain, but it seemed really out of place in an Anime like Attack On Titan.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 12:45 am

I would never have discovered anime in the first place if it hadn't been for the dubbed Sailor Moon, so I can't "hate it." :D With that being said, I prefer the subbed Sailor Moon original and Crystal (not sure if they've even dubbed it yet).

All of the other animes I mentioned, I've only seen dubbed, but wondering what they'd be like subbed. I do know that some stuff does get lost in translation.

Regarding the openings, Yu Yu Hakusho's English opening is pretty good:

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:46 am

Kenya wrote:
My Top 5 no particular order:

Attack On Titan
Future Diary
Spice and Wolf
Wolf's Rain
Elfen Lied

Honorable Mentions:

Death Note
Kasshern Sins (hope I spelled that right)
Moon Phase

Dishonorable Mention:

Squid Girl (Soo f*****g annoying i couldn't get past the first 2 episodes )

Actually, put Wolf's Rain in Honorable Mention and put Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia in Top 5.

KyokoSakura
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2016, 12:14 am

my most favourite anime is between Madoka Magica and Angel beats, i can't choose because Madoka Magica had a really great storyline and characters however Angel beats i found i really developed an understanding of the characters toward the end. Angel beats is the first thing fictional or actual that had an emotional effect on me (not even real people usually make me feel emotional let alone fictional characters)

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 9:14 am

Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Watamote, Grave of the Fireflies.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 4:05 pm

My top 6 are

Gintama
Gj-Bu
Toriko
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Seitokai Yakuindomo

FullMetalAspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2016, 7:50 pm

My all time favorite is fullmetal alchemist brotherhood I love every thing about that show.
Some of my other favorites would be:
dragon ball Z
ouran high school host club
death note
school rumble
gurren laggan

Gematron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2016, 10:23 am

Dragonball and DBZ
Inuyasha
Gundam Wing and 00
Black Lagoon
Outlaw Star
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Shaman King
Reborn!
Tenjou Tenge

I just started watching this new anime on Netflix called Dararara! So far it's been awesome and I think it'll enter my top favorites

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 12:20 pm

I can't get into anime. For a few reasons.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2016, 1:38 pm

I have many, but my absolute favourites is Dragonball. I really enjoy that show and that is what got me into anime entirely, so I thank dragonball for that. Other favourites of mine include lucky star, non non biyori, charlotte, Gochuumon and many more :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Apr 2016, 2:09 am

About the only anime I watched was Shin-Chan & Pokemon & I only seen the 1st couple seasons of Pokemon. Shin-Chan was hilarious.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 2:51 am

nick007 wrote:
About the only anime I watched was Shin-Chan & Pokemon & I only seen the 1st couple seasons of Pokemon. Shin-Chan was hilarious.

Crayon Shin-Chan? I agree. :D Ever see Super Milk Chan?

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm

Pretty much anything that Studio Ghibli makes.