Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sugaredquills
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2023, 8:48 am

Does anyone here watch my little pony? I feel like I’m too old to watch it, but I don’t really care. :D

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 10:16 am

I don't watch it myself but I have a friend who does and he's about 20 years older than me haha. It seems to be a show that's always been very popular with a lot of adults!

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 6:43 pm

you can be too young to watch some things but you can never be too old to watch anything

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 11:08 am

Never seen it. I had real ponies. Now I have a unicorn.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 12:06 pm

Sugaredquills wrote:
Does anyone here watch my little pony? I feel like I’m too old to watch it, but I don’t really care. :D

Caz72 wrote:
you can be too young to watch some things but you can never be too old to watch anything

Happy applause for both. Life is too short to consign interests to age.

If I ever check it out, I will let you know. What do you enjoy about My Little Pony?

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 12:01 pm

I miss the mid 2010's era of MLP: Friendship is Magic

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Pottyfry
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2024, 8:42 am

I always love the older eras, y'know, G1, G2 and G3, especially when the UK adverts are really soothing with just songs and stories about the ponies. "My Little Pony, My Little Pony, race you to the Cotton Candy Cafe..." I do recall seeing the first G3 ad on TV once, and from what I remember, the pink CGI pony knelt close to the flowers, and a butterfly landed on her nose, and she sneezed before all the ponies stampeded over to the Cotton Candy Cafe under Cotton Candy's inviting wave. You seen it too?

Harmonie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2024, 10:11 am

I've been a MLP fan for a long time. I'm more of a collector of the older toys (G1 and G3 especially), but I have seen most of the animations. Despite the whole Brony thing, I did find G4's Friendship is Magic very enjoyable. The other animations are a mixed bag. G3 is very simplistic, but it has some charm and the Minty Christmas episode is pretty good. The original G1 animations are so 80s, so kinda dated but are still worth a watch if you like cartoons from that era and MLP, and the artstyle of the ponies is so cute. (but when I say dated, I do mean there is this cringe episode with a "Sleeping Beauty" like plot where this entitled prince jerk feels like he has come and rescued this princess, but she doesn't want anything to do with him [who would?], but the ponies take the entitled prince jerk's side and that's... not a great lesson for little girls. Not at all.). The later G1 animation - Pony Tales is cute, but is pretty plain (as in it's not fantasy at all, and the ponies are pretty much just humans that look like ponies going to school lol).

G5 is okay, but I do not like the artstyle. I just can't get into it. I tolerated G4's artstyle despite not being pony like because it is cute, but the G5 just goes way too far off even further away from looking like ponies in any way (aside from the hooves).

Hey Hasbro, bring back My Little Ponies that look like ponies/horses, please?! Before G5 came about, there was a leaked document with potential different styles. I'm not even joking when the style they went with of all of the ones there was the one that back then I went "Ew. Anything but that!". There were some other great design ideas there. Sad. Oh well. Less toys for me to buy. :shrug:

MoeTrashPanda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2024, 6:34 pm

honeytoast wrote:
I miss the mid 2010's era of MLP: Friendship is Magic

Yesss! I love Friendship is Magic ♡. Definitely one of my comfort shows. I want to dip into the older gens of MLP!

Who are some of the best Friendship is Magic ponies?

My faves are Fluttershy, Twilight (and all of the other mane 6), Starlight Glimmer, Cadence, Flurry Heart, Tree Hugger, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Bon Bon + Lyra. :heart: ฅ՞•ﻌ•՞ฅ

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

ElmersTrueLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2024, 9:21 am

I outgrew it due to being made fun of.

I used to like Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Princess Cadance, Lemon Hearts, Apple Fritter, Octavia Melody, Cherry Jubilee, Lyra Heartstrings and Starlight Glimmer.

I also grew up on G3 MLP and I don't think they deserve the hate from G4 fans.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2024, 9:23 am

I remember liking the smell of them.

MoeTrashPanda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2024, 1:43 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
I outgrew it due to being made fun of.

I used to like Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Princess Cadance, Lemon Hearts, Apple Fritter, Octavia Melody, Cherry Jubilee, Lyra Heartstrings and Starlight Glimmer.

I also grew up on G3 MLP and I don't think they deserve the hate from G4 fans.

Ohhh great characters! I forgot Octavia Melody. I also forgot to include DJ Pon-3, Pear Butter (Buttercup), Bright Mac, and Big Mac.

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2024, 9:13 am

I used to watch "Friendship is Magic" myself and participate in the fandom. Though I don't watch it anymore as I have outgrown it, I will still watch a clip or two.

Characterwise: I love Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Discord. The main reason Discord is because John De Lancie is a hoot. I met him at a conference once and enjoyed the panel that he was on.

MoeTrashPanda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2024, 9:14 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I used to watch "Friendship is Magic" myself and participate in the fandom. Though I don't watch it anymore as I have outgrown it, I will still watch a clip or two.

Characterwise: I love Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Discord. The main reason Discord is because John De Lancie is a hoot. I met him at a conference once and enjoyed the panel that he was on.

I love Discord. I hate that I ship Fluttershy x Discord so much lmaooo.

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2024, 9:15 am

I love Fluttershy and Discord together.

Anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ANsC3zSwuE

MoeTrashPanda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2024, 9:15 am

Also, update, I started watching Gen 3 MLP! I think it is very cute, but it is definitely targeted towards a young audience. I'm going to watch the "A Very Minty Christmas" episode today at lunch ฅ՞•ﻌ•՞ฅ

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ