Old Children's Movies that are now Politically Incorrect

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 11:22 pm

DazyDaisy wrote:
How about poor Pepe!?

Pepe Le Pew was banned because his actions towards Penelope Pussycat were described as "sexual harassment, stalking, and abuse" :| :?.

[url="Criticism" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep%C3%A9 ... cism,-edit]Criticii[/url]

Felt kind of weird about it, Pepe was always one of my favorite cartoon characters. Not because he's harrasing the poor pussycat but because he portraits excellently this type of guys most of women had to deal with at some point of their lives - not a real stalker and abuser but just a persistent, annoying, intrusive suitor who won't easily accept "No!" for an answer and who can't realize he's not that hot as he thinks. Pepe is just a parodical version of them.

Just like Johnny Bravo

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2024, 12:15 am

I don't think Ren and Stimpy would make it on Nickelodeon today. I recall my Aunt not letting my cousins watch that show.

Yeah, anything loony tunes for sure would not. :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 12:26 am

some of my favourite cartoons I watched as a kid in the 1970s wouldn't fly today due to colonial "saviour" elements. Americans bringing civilisation to the colonies. Infact I tried googling some and couldn't find them.