Does anybody else watch specific episodes over and over?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 10:19 pm

I've likely seen the pilot of Six Feet Under 20 times.

https://youtu.be/StceREZcEIs?si=R6Ahic2Bd4wZacDS

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 10:24 pm

South Park - Passion of the Jew
King of the Hill - Bobby Goes Nuts

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 10:46 pm

Fenn wrote:
TL;DR: Individuals with autism may watch the same episode or movie repeatedly for sensory comfort, routine and predictability, exploration of special interests, better processing and understanding of content, and comfort in familiarity.

watching the same episode or movie over and over again. Here's why someone with an autism diagnosis might engage in this behavior:

1. Sensory Comfort: Familiar content can provide comfort by regulating sensory experiences.

2. Routine and Predictability: Repeated viewing helps maintain a sense of control and stability in their environment.

3. Special Interests: Individuals with autism often have intense interests and enjoy immersing themselves in familiar content.

4. Processing and Understanding: Repetition aids in comprehending storylines, characters, and social interactions portrayed in the content.

5. Comfort in Familiarity: The predictability of the plot and characters reduces anxiety and provides relaxation.

So, next time you see someone watching the same thing again, remember it might be serving a deeper purpose for them.

When I'm really stressed or trauma-triggered I need to watch Flintstones cartoons for the sound effects.
They're like an elixir or comfort object from my childhood.

bmasters1981
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 May 2024, 5:23 am

Fenn wrote:
TL;DR: Individuals with autism may watch the same episode or movie repeatedly for sensory comfort, routine and predictability, exploration of special interests, better processing and understanding of content, and comfort in familiarity.

watching the same episode or movie over and over again. Here's why someone with an autism diagnosis might engage in this behavior:

1. Sensory Comfort: Familiar content can provide comfort by regulating sensory experiences.

2. Routine and Predictability: Repeated viewing helps maintain a sense of control and stability in their environment.

3. Special Interests: Individuals with autism often have intense interests and enjoy immersing themselves in familiar content.

4. Processing and Understanding: Repetition aids in comprehending storylines, characters, and social interactions portrayed in the content.

5. Comfort in Familiarity: The predictability of the plot and characters reduces anxiety and provides relaxation.

So, next time you see someone watching the same thing again, remember it might be serving a deeper purpose for them.

This is exactly how I am with many of my favorites on DVD-- Emergency!, for one (that 70s NBC medical/action series has quite a few very-well-done episodes that I go to a lot for the reasons you have stated):

"An English Visitor"
"How Green Was My Thumb"
"Details"
"Parade"
"The Stewardess"
"Election"
"Tee Vee"
"Right At Home"
"Involvement"
"The Tycoons"
"Family Ties"
"Isolation"

Of course, any episode of that show will do for me from time to time, because of how well that show was put together then, but those 12 are, IMO, among the best the show had.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2024, 7:07 pm

Yes. My favorite Looney Tunes episode is "Feed the Kitty".