Page 8 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 93  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm

After a few episodes my favourite currently airing anime is undoubtedly Outbreak Company. There are various references to anime and their common tropes, but it has stopped itself from being a pure parody, and has been very funny.

Also recently bought Haganai on DVD, so I can re-watch it in English. The first season was probably above average, it is still an ecchi harem series, but the second is even better.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:59 pm

I finished Love Lab, more light entertainment.

I finished X, definitely not light but well-crafted and satisfying. Watching CLAMP from that period, you sort of know that things won't work out well for many of the characters you like.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 9:13 am

I finished The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I enjoyed this one for the clever story and I found the characters really charming. If I had time, I'd seek out the manga.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I finished The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I enjoyed this one for the clever story and I found the characters really charming. If I had time, I'd seek out the manga.

I really liked that series too. At first I thought it was just going to be a mindless harem anime with ecchi stuff, but it really becomes so much more. There is real drama as you see regular people try and fail, and they feel worthless next to the supposed geniuses, that is despite the said savants having their own troubles. I thought some of Mashiro's lines are gold. And what do you say about the possibility that Mashiro may have Aspergers, or at least autism? I know some say she was just eccentric or something else, but I think it was more.

Link to "the knife scene". :lol:

As for me, I recently watched the English dub of Haganai (I don't have many friends). Kind of interesting going back after the phenomenal second season as I see what the series set up. Link to the OP.
I really like the whole misfits thing, and for some odd reason it reminds me of the current airing Noucome, which has been doing a good job of playing against expectations of the genre.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 1:39 pm

I could see Mashiro as being on the spectrum. A lot of things add up to that, I can't find much that would argue against it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Nov 2013, 2:59 pm

I am into K-On! lately; very funny, and those girls can play killer music!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AndyDR3681
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Nov 2013, 8:39 pm

My favourite anime series is Fullmetal Alchemist. I have the original series, the 'brotherhood' series, the two films and all volumes of the manga.

The most recent title l watched which l really enjoyed was Code Geass.

jafri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2013, 1:16 am

I do watched anime theres so many shows that I need to watch in my whole life.

NOT to mention

Attack on Titan
Guilty Crown
Valvrave the Liberator
Kuroko Basketball
Sword Art online
Accel World,
FREE! Iwatobi Swim club

and my favourite,

PSYCHO-PASS
Tiger & Bunny
Mobile Suit Gundam 00.

AndyDR3681 wrote:
My favourite anime series is Fullmetal Alchemist. I have the original series, the 'brotherhood' series, the two films and all volumes of the manga.

The most recent title l watched which l really enjoyed was Code Geass.

same here.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 2:24 am

jafri wrote:
Valvrave the Liberator

Are you watching the new season? There have been a couple of crazy stuff lately.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2013, 3:27 am

Sad to say, I ended up dropping Tari-Tari after episode 3; there simply wasn't enough going on that held my interest. Shame really, as P.A. Works' backgrounds were gorgeous. Alas, the overly-cutesy factor along with a large and interchangeable gender-ambiguous-looking cast killed it for me.

On the other hand, after completely forgetting about it (due to various things), I returned to Magi's second season, The Kingdom of Magi, and boy was I glad to do so after episode 2. Wonderful character development, light-political drama and amazing fighting animation made me remember why I was such a fan of anime in the first place. I wouldn't recommend it though to people who aren't familiar with the first series or the manga, Magi literally just jumps in where the first series ended with no character introductions or anything. That said, no fillers or Naruto-esque time-wasting, it's literally plot-plot-plot from the get-go, which is rather refreshing. But that's just me.

Oh, and me and a friend just finished Arakawa Under the Bridge 2 - hilarious off-the-wall material but it works. Brilliant stuff.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm

If you can't stand watching out of order then watch Magi Season 1. I have watched the four episodes so far of Non Non Biyori and I love it. I love Renge Miyauchi the best but every character has amazing qualities.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2013, 12:33 am

thewrll wrote:
If you can't stand watching out of order then watch Magi Season 1. I have watched the four episodes so far of Non Non Biyori and I love it. I love Renge Miyauchi the best but every character has amazing qualities.

I'd hate to be a Corrective Christine, but I never said I'm watching Magi out of order.

I'm just advising people who may be interested in it to watch the first season first so they're not completely lost because Season 2 literally just picks up where Season 1 ended. This is especially poignant as Anixplex USA have released the official dub of the first season on Neon Alley (and not a half bad dub it is either). That's all.

Also, dumb question but why are anime with little girls going to school (ala Non Non Biyori) so popular on here? Not saying it's bad or anything, I'm just curious...

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 2:53 am

BlankCanvas wrote:
Also, dumb question but why are anime with little girls going to school (ala Non Non Biyori) so popular on here? Not saying it's bad or anything, I'm just curious...

Because it is moe!

Non Non Biyori is absolutely adorable, a recent episode had a very funny line to do with watermelons.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 3:42 am

I just got through all 25 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion and then watched End of Evangelion. I like the original ending better than EoE.

Will watch the Rebuilds later.

jafri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2013, 12:00 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
jafri wrote:
Valvrave the Liberator

Are you watching the new season? There have been a couple of crazy stuff lately.

1. Am I watching a new season? Yes of course. Since I've been too crazed about those familiar voice overs (Tomatsu Haruka, Fukuyama Jun, Kaji yuuki, Miyano Mamoru & etc) from the previous anime that their did for years.

2. Well, talk about an unexpected plot twist in every single episodes that we didn't see that coming until I went apeshit about it.

IF Urobochi Gen (The writer who did Madoka Magica & PSYCHO-PASS) write this, I will definitely give him a credit about it.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 11:56 pm

Brad is that pokemon from Pokemon XY?