Page 80 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 93  Next

CrashedMap
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2018, 4:10 am

There are a few animes I like. I usually only watch them if they have an English dub.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 11:31 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
Corny wrote:
And a scene from the original Japanese dub too see which version you like better

I much prefer Fenneko's English "hahahahaha."

That english dub makes me ill.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

12 May 2018, 8:28 am

Last time I was in town with friends, one of them, who is a big anime fan, recommended Cowboy Bebop to me because I told her I liked sci-fi/fantasy and adventure, but not horror. I bought both the complete series on Blu-Ray and the feature-length movie. Apparently it's one of the greatest anime TV shows of all time, only behind "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2", "Clannad After Story", "Steins;Gate", and "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". I'm looking forward to watching it and I'm even going to challenge myself to give detailed, honest reviews on Amazon for both the show and the movie.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

12 May 2018, 9:21 am

advertisingfan123 wrote:
Last time I was in town with friends, one of them, who is a big anime fan, recommended Cowboy Bebop to me because I told her I liked sci-fi/fantasy and adventure, but not horror. I bought both the complete series on Blu-Ray and the feature-length movie. Apparently it's one of the greatest anime TV shows of all time, only behind "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2", "Clannad After Story", "Steins;Gate", and "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". I'm looking forward to watching it and I'm even going to challenge myself to give detailed, honest reviews on Amazon for both the show and the movie.

Cowboy Bebop is a very solid show, and the soundtrack is amazing. To the point where a PBS affiliate stole the theme song for a PBS Kids advertisement. :lol:

Radio Disney Revival

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 12:19 pm

On my list of anime to watch are Madoka [I'm finally giving it a try, but if it's too much I'm simply going to stop watching] and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 12:28 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
On my list of anime to watch are Madoka [I'm finally giving it a try, but if it's too much I'm simply going to stop watching] and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

The ending episode of Dragon Maid will make you cry.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 12:21 pm

^Good to know, I guess. I'm thinking that the last episode of Madoka will also make my cry, if I last that long.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:26 am

So I watched Aggressive Retsuko, more specifically the TV series, which is a 100 1 minute long episodes. It was a nice relatable trek. I enjoyed it and feel let down that I did not know about this until a month or so after it had finished its run.

I will check out the Netflix series soon, just after I have had some time to process it so it does not all just run together.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 9:47 am

I was able to watch the tv series of Aggressive Retsuko because it was my day off, so I thought after work today I could watch a couple episodes of the Netflix Aggretsuko, but I ended up binging the entire thing, even though it was late. It was good, like really good, actually managing to meet up to expectations. Definitely a fan. New dimensions were added to characters over the shorter series, I even found myself liking Tsunoda. And I will say that the video shown earlier here with Fenneko laughing, became totally hilarious when you learn what the context actually was.

Now that I have seen the series as a whole, I reaffirm my earlier recommendation of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, both handle things like adult life in a very similar way. Another coming to mind is I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, which was another work of the creator of Kobayashi, and I would say tapping into the same kind of office lady work.

And from there, I can think of the A1 studio's working women shows, with Shirobako and Sakura Quest. I wish that I could say that Shirobako is dubbed, but unfortunately not the case, it also would have the added bonus of learning about anime, but I am pretty sure that Sakura Quest does have a dub, which probably could be found with reasonable quality on Funimation. Sakura Quest is generally good for its points at showing a young women starting to learn a bit about what she wants to get out of her working career, while interacting with things like a dying fairly remote town and all its characters, so that might be a recommendation if one liked Aggrestuko, it should not be too anime for someone who could find that offputting in not having much experience.

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2018, 7:32 pm

Anime fan here. I am sure someone has recommended this already, but Violet Evergarden.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2018, 10:35 pm

I'm not THAT big on anime. But I LOVE Tokyo Ghoul and AOT

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2018, 7:10 pm

MyAnimeList has been down for five days now. As someone who has a routine of keeping track of their anime and getting their recommendations/commenting on anime through said site, these past five days have been rough. :(

Radio Disney Revival

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 12:46 am

It's back and not in good shape.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2018, 9:10 pm

Saw Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro for the first time on Netflix today. Very good movie.

Radio Disney Revival

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 11:32 pm

Lupin is the greatest Anti Hero ever.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 7:30 am

Thought that I probably should give reaction to shows coming out in the Summer season.

A favourite so far, would be the comedy anime, Chio's School Road, which is about the titular character trying to make it to school on time. That maybe sounds a bit too simple that it is not a premise worth a full episode length and series, but in practice it has actually been really funny, at least in the first three episodes. Chio is a funny and sort of relatable geek, especially funny when she is kind of awful, but the first episode was especially a great rendition of what some of us may have thought after playing too much of a certain parkour game.

Asobi Asobase is about three cute high school girls, who are just the sweetest, where they find each other and become friends....

…. But that is not really the whole truth, because really the three of them are kind of sh***y. Intimidating into compliance, feigning ignorance to just mess with each other (slapping), and backstabbing out of pettiness and small bits of popularity. They are the worst, and this makes them the best, helped by very funny face animation changes.

Next a reverse harem, something I like to mention when one I think good comes out, Phantom in the Twilight. There were parts that I might think to have a problem with, like it is being coproduced with a Chinese company, and the harem includes a werewolf and vampire, but in practice it has done surprisingly well so far. This I think largely falls onto the main female character, Ton, who has a female friend who is relevant, and does not just sit on the sidelines as something is happening, she actually does things and has a personality. And so far none of the guys have creeped on her, like often happens in this genre.

Next is Happy Sugar Life, which I don't think that I want to talk too much about, except that it is twisted, and great for being such. Sometimes saying something is messed up is grounds for saying that it is trying to be edgy, but there is a bite in here, and a deliberate use of contradicting aspects that I think is fascinating. Well, the OP should give some idea, although perhaps a little took some of the punch that the first episode tried to give in being surprising, but is still worth a watch. I kind of look back at School Live as something that succeeded a little more on mixing moe and horror more successfully, but it is early so far.

Related, is another horror anime this season, Angels of Death. Quite quickly I picked up that it must have been based on a horror game made in RPG maker, the sort of thing that might feel a bit dark that it is trying to be edgy, but somehow still grabs your attention with curiosity that it feels like it is the vision outside of the safe stuff you get in most things. It being handled by J.C Staff could raise question if they might ruin that, being what I would consider a pretty main stream company, but they have been doing well in giving it this unique sense. I am into it.

On the lighter side, there is Cells at Work, a sort of abstract show of cells in the human body, as people. There is blood, and that is not in the sense of the fact the two main characters are red and white blood cells, but slicing up viruses that look like Dragonball villains, the whole thing is pretty humorous. Kind of reminds me of Hoozuki's Coolheadidness.

Next, something on the ecchi side, How Not to Summon the Demon Lord. It is at risk of just being called a poor man's Overlord, especially with its 3rd season also current and doing well, but there is something to like about its lighter setting, and I strangely find it sexy and fun in a good way that has not been distracting yet.

Harukana Receive next, sports anime can have the highest hurdle to jump for me, and one with girls in bikinies can be at big risk of looking like trying to use cheap tricks to get attention. But this beach volleyball anime has been surprisingly good so far, managing to actually be charming.

Drop Kick my Devil has sort of been a more violent Gabriel DropOut, going back to show like Punie-chan and Dokuro-chan. It has its charm so far.

And lastly, Revue Starlight. I don't want to say too much, because I really don't know much after its first episode. It seems to be a sort of theatre anime with its cast of girls, but by the end there seems to be more to it.