Page 82 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 6:34 pm

I might watch Mononoke again sometime. It's my kind of weird, in a way.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 9:46 am

Last anime I watched was My Hero Academia... I need to get back into it though, it's pretty sick!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 10:08 am

I'm not really a fan of Anime or Manga.

I think the only shows I ever really liked were Sailor Moon and Pet Shop of Horrors and those are pretty old.

I also liked the movie Spirited Away. But it was a very innocent movie and didn't feel as weird as some Anime does.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:03 am

I've been watching the third seasons of Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia. Liking both seasons, especially Attack on Titan since I found the second one a bit dull. My favourite this year so far has been Violet Evergarden, which has some great character drama. I'd really like to see Zoku Owarimonogatari and hope it releases at a cinema somewhere near me when it comes out later this year.

Omokage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Oct 2018, 1:59 pm

I'm an obsessed anime fan. The last anime I watched was Satsuriku no Tenshi.

And I prefer manga, anime styled games and visual novels. Also like Touhou Project a lot. Not too much the games, but the official mangas, OST and fan works.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 11:51 am

Are Code Geass and Ayashi no Ceres worth checking out?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 12:23 pm

I also liked the movies Mermaid's Forest and Mermaid's Scar.

I found the whole concept of mermaids being dark beings and if you eat their fishy tails you either become a monster or gain eternal life to be fascinating. It also reminded me of the survival horror game Siren.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 11:33 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:

I found the whole concept of mermaids being dark beings and if you eat their fishy tails you either become a monster or gain eternal life to be fascinating. It also reminded me of the survival horror game Siren.

Mermaids are probably just another version of a siren and we know what happens to those who meets sirens.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:09 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Are Code Geass and Ayashi no Ceres worth checking out?

Code Geass? Yes! It's a great thriller/action series. The two television seasons are excellent. There's also a trilogy of films, the third which is yet to be released, that have a different series of canon events. I can only speak about the original series though.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 8:08 pm

thewrll wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Mermaids are probably just another version of a siren and we know what happens to those who meets sirens.

Well in the originals Greek Myths sirens were depicted as flying birds with the upper torsos of women who flew around islands luring sailors to their doom with enchanted singing voices but over time they evolved to have a more mermaid-like appearance in the modern stories.

I think every culture that is close to the ocean including Japan believes in some form of mermaid-like creature because traditionally it was always the women who gathered water to bring back to the towns and villages.

The Japanese mermaids are actually called "Ningyo" but they are kind of similar to the European mermaids being half-human and half-fish.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:06 am

We are about 3 weeks into the new season, so I think it is time that I talk about what the great shows are of this season.

First, is probably what has got the most attention, setting itself as really something interesting, and possibly a good choice for October, and that is Zombie Land Saga. Now I will probably talk about the plot of many shows bellow, but I won't for this, because I think that the experience of actually watching the first episode without spoilers, is such a good part of the show that I don't want to take away. Take a look at the trailer, and I promise you that it is an interesting watch, like a weird mix of genre that I never knew I needed until I watched it, in ways making me think of School Live, but in a totally different way.

Next favourite would probably be That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, which has set itself up as an interesting fantasy show, that is light and fun, which as the name says has the main character reincarnated as a slime. Maybe hard to really tell what is going on down the line, as it looks like he will gain an ability to take human form, it has been fun in how it has allowed monster characters to take the stage a bit. I have high hopes for it.

My third favourite show so far is another fantasy show, Goblin Slayer, but it is really different from the above show, that it is really explicit. This is a really adult show, that should not be watched by the faint of heart, since it has aspects of dark violence, and even worse sexual aspects, that should with caution be watched by those who have experienced sexual violence. Otherwise, it is an interesting dark fantasy anime that decides to put its focus on fights against what is often considered the lower tier of enemies.

I do think that the above three are what is going to get the most memes and stuff about them, and be the most to watch to be in the know, with I think it getting into more about taste with others. There are also several sequel seasons, that make it feel kind of crazy that this is the end of 2018. There is Sword Art Online's third season, Sword Art Online: Alicization, the third season of Index, appropriately called A Certain Magical Index III, the third season of Fairy Tail called Fairy Tail: Final Season, which I am happy about, As well as lesser attention sequels like Ace Attorney Season 2, and Golden Kamuy Season 2.

There is the new Trigger anime, SSSS.Gridman, which if you know Trigger it can be a bit crazy, but also smarter than it first appears. It sort of goes back to certain old Japanese live action shows which had things like people wearing costumes to show a giant robot fighting a kaiju, looking purposely a bit silly at times, but also quite cool to watch. It feels like it is going to say something to, so fans of other Trigger stuff and of mecha, probably should watch.

My favourite show of last year was a show called Princess Principal, and while I would not say it is as good I would say that Release the Spyce does remind me of it, except with ninja and being a bit lighter, perhaps reminding me also of a cartoon called Totally Spies. It has been pretty fine so far.

The next is probably most dependent on taste, UzaMaid, that I think many get turned off just from hearing key aspects of its premise. It is generally about a woman from the Japanese Defence Force, who happens to like young girls, decides to become a maid to a young girl who has retreated after the death of her mother. It sounds a little skeevy, and yeah it might look troubling for an adult to act like that, but it is also really funny and I doubt it is actually going to cross any big lines, a lot of it is actually about playing up its absurdity without giving any hint it approves of the child chasing. It also has what I think is the best ending of the season so far, and I want more people to check it out.

Next is Ms. Vampire Who Lives in my Neighbourhood, which sort of reminds me of another show called Kiniro Mosaic, if anyone is a fan of that. It has some light yuri aspects, but is mostly fun with its vampire story that does not really want to be scary, but just cute, and I think a fun watch. At least for me, the fact that these are the show I focus on probably says something about my tastes.

For a more serious yuri anime, there is Bloom Into You, which has a main character who is a bit of a late bloomer into things like romance, that she might even look a bit like she is asexual. But really I think it is starting a story about someone trying to understand herself. I think that one of the nice aspects of this show compared to some others, is that it is most certainly not trashy, and not trying to pull any dirty tricks to raise drama, like a character just can't hold themselves back and assaults the other. It has been nice and sweet so far.

Next is Irozuka: The World in Colors, which is the new P.A. Works anime, which means it could either end up amazing, or awful. So far it has not come across as too bad, with its story of a girl in a world where magic is kind of common place, but sees the world without colours, which is somehow connected to being a witch herself, who has travelled back 60 years by her grandmother to meet her in 2018, for some reason we do not know yet. It is probably worth paying attention to for now.

And for the Snafu fans out there, there is Rascal Doesn't Dream of Bunnygirl Senpai, which sounds like it might be naughty or something, it is more of what one would call the teenage intellectual anime, that gets by on biting dialogue and looking at abstract concepts through its story, like the Monogatari series or My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. For teens who want something a bit more intellectual that they could perhaps sink their teeth into, this may be it.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 6:31 pm

I just started watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. Just going by what's aired so far, it's my favorite anime show of the season and might end up being among my favorites of the year if it can maintain its quality. It's as funny as Hinamatsuri, another great comedy anime that came out earlier this year, with likable characters. It's very much like Monogatari though, in premise, characters and dialogue. It probably needs to do a bit more to distinguish itself from that show because it does seem at times to be too similar.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 1:28 am

I've watched the first half of Laid Back Camp. I'd like a little more depth to the characters, but it has a soothing atmosphere.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 3:30 am

I enjoyed Laid Back Camp. It wasn't particularly riveting and nothing really happened over the course of the series. But it was enjoyable to watch its characters go along their fairly predictable arcs. The premise was novel and it had a good, relaxing atmosphere. It's the most sedate show that I nevertheless enjoyed this year.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 4:08 am

On closer introspection, I do actually think that similarities with Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai to Monogatari and My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU may go with what the main character's problem really is. Light spoilers for those series, but the big similarity that I would say Koyomi, Hachiman and Sakuta have, is that they are self destructive with a hero complex, they will sacrifice the themselves and things they want, just to help someone, and while that can be noble, it may be taken too far. On the revelation, I think that I figured out what his adolescence syndrome was, and what may have to happen in the future. Kind of saying that I got more into the series as having a purpose. Hopefully people won't wrongly idolise Sakuta like they did with Hachiman.

Laid Back Camp is a good show, sometimes a nice relaxing show can be strangely great. Such is the fact with Non Non Biyori, which is pretty well known, but something that did not get a lot of attention despite having good atmosphere, was something from earlier this year called Hakumei and Mikochi. Too many people missed that show.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 1:08 am

Really enjoyed Hakumei and Mikochi but I enjoyed Mitsuboshi colors so much more.