Really. Is there anything wrong with a teenager watching...

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 8:48 pm

They say that there are many cartoons out there which are not really for kids. It's just that kids tend to be the ones watching them. Kind of sad that people think you can't watch cartoons once you reach a certain age, because many cartoons are quite good and just because they are not live action movies, that does not diminish the story in any way.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2006, 8:42 pm

There's nothing wrong with watching cartoons and/or kid shows; I watch DragonBall, DragonBall Z, DragonBall GT, and a lot of shows on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 9:54 pm

dbzgirl wrote:
There's nothing wrong with watching cartoons and/or kid shows; I watch DragonBall, DragonBall Z, DragonBall GT, and a lot of shows on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.

Too bad i can't find those shows on TV anymore :(

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 8:18 am

whats it got to do with anyone else whether the person watches kids cartoons,whether they a child,teen or adult?
if the person likes them,that is what matters.

Sister is in her twenties and is obssessed with spongebob.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2006, 5:00 pm

Unknown, there are reruns of DragonBall Z on Cartoon Network on fridays at 12:30 but I can't find DragonBall or DragonBall GT anywhere; you should probably buy those on DVD.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2006, 5:01 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
whats it got to do with anyone else whether the person watches kids cartoons,whether they a child,teen or adult?
if the person likes them,that is what matters.

Sister is in her twenties and is obssessed with spongebob.

I agree.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 7:22 pm

I'm 19 and some of my favorite shows are cartoons! :wink: I love SpongeBob and Danny Phantom, but my all-time favorite is Ed, Edd n Eddy because Double D is an obsessive-compulsive science geek like me!
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

19 Nov 2006, 3:22 pm

I'm 21 years old and I watch a lot of kids shows. Some I haven't watched in a while because I've seen all the episodes. I like the Teletubbies but it's not on TV anymore but I do have some of the vidoes I bought at a thirft shop.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 3:37 am

I like Fairly Odd Parents too. It's wonderfully strange.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

22 Nov 2006, 3:44 am

The old WB cartoons were intended for adults in movie trailers. So cartoons aimed at
adults or the whole family are great! These modern cartoons aim at young kids are very boring for an adult. I watch all that stuff with my 3 and 4 year old nephews. Their parent will not let them watch the violent cartoons but we found we all love Wallace & Gromit. I hope we can record some of those Christmas Claymations I loved as a kid!

bjmax31
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2006, 12:46 am

In a old folks home in the year 2050

Old bill: "Back in my day we had cartoons such as atomic betty, pokemon, one piece,
dragon ball z and digimon.

Old Bob: "yeah i agree all we have now days is "stinky the turtle dove, Wally the whale,
and The the thunder puss chicks"

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 2:12 pm

I think there's nothing wrong with it at all. I like the old WB cartoons the most. Was never a big fan of Disney cartoons though, but did like some of their live action stuff.

I used to watch The Simpsons but I think it really went downhill in the early 1990s so if I do watch it, I watch the reruns of the old shows. I also like King of the Hill and Futurama, even though those aren't targeted at kids. Wallace and Gromit have also been mentioned I can say I like them too. Their humor can appeal to all ages.

I admit I occasionally watch Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks on PBS. The show is produced in Ireland and it's characters are computer generated farm animals. The show is clearly geared for kids, but I don't think an adult could get bored watching it.

For all the Trekkies out there in case you haven't heard, Star Trek The Animated Series was released on DVD earlier this week. All 22 episodes plus interviews with the surviving members of the writing and production team are on the 4 DVD set. It's a good quality transfer too. They remastered the sound in Dolby Surround 5.1, but I think it sounds better when played in stereo. This series was targeted at kids who watched Saturday morning TV, but also dealt with serious issues like the live action version did. Adult Trekkies will probably like it as much as the kids.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 4:07 am

PrisonerSix wrote:
For all the Trekkies out there in case you haven't heard, Star Trek The Animated Series was released on DVD earlier this week. All 22 episodes plus interviews with the surviving members of the writing and production team are on the 4 DVD set. It's a good quality transfer too.

Hehe. That'd be funny. I know there are also manga versions of Star Wars and X-men out there somewhere too. Don't like the animated Mr Bean very much, though. The original series dealt with more "real life" situations that you could relate to.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 10:29 am

It really depends what mood I'm in. I'll watch and enjoy Wallace and Gromit, VeggieTales, Peanuts, Finding Nemo... just because a movie or TV show is animated doesn't necessarily make it appropriate for children.

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2006, 12:55 am

Did I mention I'm currently obsessed with Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman?

There's a show destined to be a cult favorite.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 7:45 am

I gotta say I've watched Thomas a few times, and that other simiar show with the airplanes in it. I also get a good laugh out of Rollie Pollie Ollie. It's CGI, and I think it's hilarious the way everything has a face and follows the characters around with their eyes