Anyone here watched Batman: The Animated series?

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2009, 12:31 am

steelback wrote:
...(written by Danny Elfman, who I haven't heard from in a long time)

Really? He still doing scores. In fact, he recently did the score for Terminator Salvation.

Getting back on topic, I liked it despite not being fond of Batman as a character. I was very fond of the pseudo-1940s pulp feel, and had some very well-written episodes.

But what I liked the most was how they handled Batman, giving him a bit of a sense of humor. I remember this one episode where Batman crashes through this lady's window, and as Batman heads for the door, the lady calls out for Batman, telling him to call or something (Its been forever since I've seen it, so I don't remember the exact dialogue.). Batman opens the door, turns around, smiles at the lady, and then leaves. Its moments like that that made him much more easier to get behind then he is in the comics.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 10:04 pm

I still watch that show to this day.

Batman Beyond was really good as well.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 3:51 am

It was amazing. Still one of my favorite series. I can't stand the shows The Batman or Brave and the bold where they try and cash in on the Schumacher films (I HATE THEM!)

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2010, 6:12 am

I still watch it on netflix. Streamed the movie "Mask of the Phantasm" a few weeks ago.

I had a mad crush on the show's Poison Ivy, and I still have a crush on Harley Quinn, which is ironic because I am afraid of clowns. I guess she won me over with her personality.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jun 2010, 11:22 am

MizLiz wrote:
I loved the dynamic between The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Poor Harley. :roll:

[img][650:597]http://www.kxmode.com/images/artwork/Quinn.jpg[/img]

by me! :D

Also found on my DA page.

The former things have passed away."

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 10:13 pm

I love this show. it is amazing. Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy are THE voices of Joker and Batman, respectively. I am sad they got rid of it and replaced it with The New Batman Adventures. :sad: But anyway, i love it. :batman:

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 5:20 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
Got the whole thing of DVD. I LOVE this show!! !

Me, too!

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 5:32 pm

Ive seens it, My fave villain was the Mad Hatter

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 10:05 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G46l3VbWd9g[/youtube]

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 5:34 am

vivinator wrote:
This has to be my favorite cartoon of all time. at least outside of when I was really young. I never like the spinoffs. I suppose Batman: Beyond isn't bad though.

God I wish they'd bring it back. The movies were good as well.

TAS is one of my favorite shows of all time, but Batman Beyond is even higher on my list; Batman Beyond is the reason I now love comic-based properties again. For several years in the '90s, I'd all but lost any love for comic-based properties, as no franchises really seemed original...everything was just based on a comic or something.

Batman Beyond was the first property in which the comic was based on the show. It offered up original villains, and I absolutely love Terry McGinnis and the exchanges he has with old Bruce Wayne; it's just all so incredibly classic...plus to see what the original mainstays of Batman's universe were doing so many years later; it was all just such an amazing experience.

And a new comic storyarc is hitting shelves soon :D

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 8:33 am

@TheDoctor82: they are rebooting the Batman Beyond comic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond_%282010%29

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 1:58 pm

this doesn't read like a reboot at all; more just like a continuation of stories to me.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 3:53 pm

@TheDoctor82: never really watched the series

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 12:21 am

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
@TheDoctor82: never really watched the series

damn you missed out.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 5:47 am

Xenu wrote:
It was amazing. Still one of my favorite series. I can't stand the shows The Batman or Brave and the bold where they try and cash in on the Schumacher films (I HATE THEM!)

That's not about schumacher, it's about Dick Sprang's version from the 50's/60's. It's not my favorite version of the character, but it ain't schumacher crap either!

However, BTAS is the definitive version of Batman for me. I love the Dark-Deco style and the complex, tragic villains... Mr. Freeze and the Ventriloquist are pure genius!

In an interview Bruce Timm said he always approached the stories as classic tragedy, casting Batman as antagonist and the villain in the 'hero' role.

Batman is great because he has the best rouges gallery and BTAS has the best version of that rouges gallery. :batman:

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 5:52 am

GoonSquad wrote:
Xenu wrote:

That's not about schumacher, it's about Dick Sprang's version from the 50's/60's. It's not my favorite version of the character, but it ain't schumacher crap either!

However, BTAS is the definitive version of Batman for me. I love the Dark-Deco style and the complex, tragic villains... Mr. Freeze and the Ventriloquist are pure genius!

In an interview Bruce Timm said he always approached the stories as classic tragedy, casting Batman as antagonist and the villain in the 'hero' role.

Batman is great because he has the best rouges gallery and BTAS has the best version of that rouges gallery. :batman:

I give BATB only thing: it got me more into Kamandi.

Also...it made a reference to Doctor Who...and also they feature the Gentleman Ghost a lot which rules.

Otherwise, I'm not a fan.