don't forget the premiere of 24 is tonight!

Page 12 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 11:38 pm

werbert wrote:
I take it Jack will be spending the time between Seasons 6 and 7 in a Russian prison. During which time, Chloe will be elected President.

I so called that while watching it---except for the Chloe as President bit. It seems Jack just doesn't learn what happens when you invade consulates.

And dude, Assad can't DIE! That is not cool! And President Palmer 2.0! Reed had better die a horrible death at the teeth of millions of fire ants, and whomever he is working with ought to be dropped from a very tall building, only saved right before he hits the ground. That is not cool. Why is it that patriotism involves political coups?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 11:41 pm

I'm tired of terrorists. I think they need to take the show in a new direction.

How about this: each season starts off with Jack in the prison of a foreign government whose consul he killed, and he has 24 hours to figure out how not to drop the soap in the shower. :)

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 11:55 pm

werbert wrote:
I'm tired of terrorists. I think they need to take the show in a new direction.

How about this: each season starts off with Jack in the prison of a foreign government whose consul he killed, and he has 24 hours to figure out how not to drop the soap in the shower. :)

Dude, that sounds lame. Soap? In the Shower? Then it's just going to be like American History X meets Oz meets McGyver meets Shawshank Redemption. I am tired of politics. For once, it would be nice to have Jack take out three different terrorists because everyone listens to him and never questions him, which gives him ample time to take down not just one, but three high profile terrorists planning to do bad things to America. And then we can turn the show into Jack Bauer: Hegemon after he takes over the world.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 12:02 am

I'd like to see Jack become President.

Just imagine Jack holding the Speaker of the House in his office, tied to a chair. "Okay, Mr. Speaker, my health care bill passes, or you start losing fingers."

Throwing out a first pitch at a baseball game. "Dammit, I've got to get this ball into the catcher's mitt now, or this ball game will not start on time!"

During the White House easter egg hunt. "I will do everything in my power to make sure that everyone here has a good time."

His farewell address. "I can't do this anymore."

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 4:08 am

werbert wrote:
That was ex-President Charles Logan.

ex VICE president Charles Logan.

and as far as any of us are concerned, I'd be watching next monday, because I think the idiot wanting to kill the president may have just had a change of heart, at least according to the preview. and we know that the Iraqi died, but that the pres is alive. the last selfless act of a flawed man of a terrorist nation. If that doesn't mean much to the Iraqi people, I don't know what.....hmm....maybe we should use that as punishment to the people we have captured as combatants, as a reminder that even in the land of 24 we still win.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2007, 9:10 pm

Yes! Each season, I play my favourite 24 game, "Spot the Canadian". I discovered from the first season that this show uses a lot of Canadian actors: Kiefer Sutherland, Elisha Cuthbert, Leslie Hope. So far, this season had been a disappointment, as I was unable to find any new Canadians on the show. But with Kari Matchett in this week's episode, my game is successful! :)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 10:03 pm

arghh!! crazy russians!

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 11:13 pm

It is actually very interesting what they are doing with the Russians considering Putin's consolidation of power, and the recent mysterious deaths of anti-Russian authors. The huge international incident in Britain with the Polonium poisoning, the death of someone on US soil (in Washington, I think.) Very intriguing.

And the Russian consulate guard who killed the Good Russian Consulate Guard was on The Hunt for Red October. He was a good Russian wanting to defect in that movie. Apparently, non-Communist Russia held more appeal than America...

I dislike politicians. And I dislike Vice President whats-his-name. And Karen Hayes should have been made President. Maybe then things would get done with a minimum of red tape and power playing. And Tom Lennox isn't as big of a twit as I held him for earlier.

But silly Jack---invading consulates is never a good idea, but at least this time it looks like it will be a lot more exciting and a lot harder for Russia to cover up the bad guys, unlike the Chinese in Season Four. The preview for next Monday looks very exciting. Lots of guns and dead lackeys. And Martha and Aaron! Hurrah!

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2007, 4:13 pm

Sorry I'm late in posting, but I was busy breaking into the Canadian consulate. It turns out I'm an idiot, though, because the terrorist was actually hiding in the Cambodian consulate. :oops:

Yay! Rick(y) Schroder is coming! Does that mean that Dennis Franz isn't too far behind?

For those of you who don't know, Schroder will be playing new head of Field Ops Mike Doyle in next week's episode, and Alphonso Ribeiro will be playing his stuck-up partner, Agent Carlton Banks. :lol:

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 9:14 pm

Interesting factoid: Actress Kathleen Wilhoite was in a movie called "Audrey's Rain." She was also on an episode of "Third Watch," which starred Kim Raver, who would later play Audrey Raines. Spooky.

Wilhoite has also been on 24. She was the waitress that Jack took hostage after he saved David Palmer's life for the first time in Season 1.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 9:04 pm

That is why it is a mistake to have an angry ex-wife.

Some men knock over convenience stores. Jack Bauer knocks over consulates.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 10:03 pm

the former president can't die! *holds breath*

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:16 pm

tinky wrote:

Why not? He was irritating. He was responsible for Jack's imprisonment. He was inept. AND he found Jesus so it's all good, right?

But dang it all, Jack looks like he's really hurt. Like really hurt. He NEVER acts that hurt. Ever. I am a little worried. But who does he kill in the next episode? Do we get to find out who the CTU mole it? And who hates the Vice President of the United States? [raises hand] Me! Me!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:18 pm

dexkaden wrote:
tinky wrote:

Why not? He was irritating. He was responsible for Jack's imprisonment. He was inept. AND he found Jesus so it's all good, right?

But dang it all, Jack looks like he's really hurt. Like really hurt. He NEVER acts that hurt. Ever. I am a little worried. But who does he kill in the next episode? Do we get to find out who the CTU mole it? And who hates the Vice President of the United States? [raises hand] Me! Me!

oh, yeah, right...jack can't be mortally wounded! that's better...

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:26 pm

Actually, it could fit nicely into my plan to meld some of the greatest shows on television together. We'd have Jack Bauer in severe--but undiagnosable--pain that lands him in the hospital. Because his problem is undiagnosable, Bauer is flown to Princeton Plainsburo Teaching Hospital where one Dr. Greogry House gets his case. Because Foreman and Chase and Cameron can't be spared to go look for possible causes in LA, we get the heads of CSI, CSI: Miami, and CSI: NY and their respective teams to go help CTU figure things out instead. It could be cool...plus I'd get Bauer and House in the same room. That would be intense.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 12:55 am

I wanted to mention the resemblance between Karen Hayes and Jerry Seinfeld's mother, but I've already pointed that out. :(

I guess I have fulfilled my duties on this world. There is nothing for me to do but commit sepoku.

*Carves out guts*

Hey, I don't remember having that for dinner.