Page 1180 of 1271 [ 20328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183 ... 1271  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 6:11 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
I saw "A man called otto" last week.

What is your opinion?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 10:56 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
I saw "A man called otto" last week.

What is your opinion?

I want to see it.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm

Level 16 (2018 Sci-Fi Thriller) Gripping from start to finish.

Synopsis: Girls in a prison-like boarding school embark on a desperate search to uncover the awful truth behind their captivity.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 10:07 am

Juliette wrote:
Level 16 (2018 Sci-Fi Thriller) Gripping from start to finish.

Synopsis: Girls in a prison-like boarding school embark on a desperate search to uncover the awful truth behind their captivity.

looks good.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 11:16 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
longshot wrote:

I enjoyed this film. Not great but good.

Yes I liked it, as along with you it was not the best adaptation, but entertaining.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:30 pm

longshot wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
longshot wrote:

Yes I liked it, as along with you it was not the best adaptation, but entertaining.

While I enjoyed the movie, as a former history major, stuff like arming the Saxons with crossbows really made me fly off the handle. They were longbow men, like their English descendants!! !

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:04 pm

Planet Terror (2007)

A one-legged go-go dancer and her boyfriend fight to save their neighbourhood from a horde of zombies.

Found this almost unwatchable initially, but gave it a second viewing and it seemed a bit more intelligible. A tribute to the so-called 'Grindhouse' genre, much of the direction, production, music and camerawork seems to be down to one man (Robert Rodriguez), which is usually a bad sign, and Tarantino also gets in on the production side as well as having a minor acting role (an even worse sign). Also stars an actress called Rose McGowan, who is quite good in the female lead role. What really drags this down is the utter grossness of many scenes - some people might enjoy such things, but I just found this aspect repulsive and even rather pathetic.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:28 pm

^ I watched that at the London Film Festival! Ashamed to say I was a Rodriguez and Tarantino fan back then.

PenPen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2023, 9:04 pm

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

My sister floats about in animation circles, so she invited me to see this for the unexpected praise it was receiving. Even I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this film. Probably the 2nd best movie I've seen in the theater after Interstellar. Like a well-crafted globe, good from all angles. I think it especially worked out because half the characters were allowed to develop, while the other half got to be their crazy or villainous selves throughout. More psychologically aware than other family films. Got goosebumps from the opening and the ending.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 9:24 pm

PenPen wrote:
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

:) I already had a cautiously optimistic expectation for the movie. Thank you for the review. We'll probably want it in our collection!

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 3:53 am

"My lucky stars 4/6"

Not "MLS" , it was "Winners and Sinners"......my bad......Ive seen the one where they go to Japan also

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
longshot wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
longshot wrote:

While I enjoyed the movie, as a former history major, stuff like arming the Saxons with crossbows really made me fly off the handle. They were longbow men, like their English descendants!! !

Agreed.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 1:10 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
longshot wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
longshot wrote:

Agreed.

I like Keira Knightly in this.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 2:43 pm

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 7:00 pm

Achilles (1962)

Roughly from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, a lot of so-called 'Sword and Sandal' films were made, mostly in Italy. These dealt with themes from Greek and Roman history and mythology. Few of them were particularly impressive, and this is no exception. It's essentially a potted version of Homer's Iliad, dealing with the disastrous consequences of Achilles withdrawing his services from the Greek army at Troy after a dispute with his commander-in-chief, Agamemnon.

It's all perfectly competent, but a bit dull and predictable, though the fight scenes, as usual, are good for a laugh. Stars Gordon Mitchell in the title role, but the rest of the cast are mostly Italians.

6.5 out of 10

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 9:28 am

Out of sight.
fun