What is the most disturbing movie you've see

Page 4 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

Hellraiser:Revelations
-This movie is so terrible it disturbs me that people actually directed and produced it.
Funny Games
-I could never watch this movie ever again. Disturbs and upsets me to no end.
Cloverfield
-All the scenes where the characters are running through the city when the chaos starts breaking out. Hearing all the people screaming, the pregnant lady on the stretcher, everything about it just made me really uneasy. Then the scene with the chick exploding. Everything afterwards is kind of tame IMO but those first 40 minutes disturbed me a lot.

The original Hellraiser and its sequel Hellbound use to disturb me a lot. Especially the scene where Frank is ripped apart by chins, stretched out and giggles "Jesus weeeept." before exploding. Hellbound had even more disturbing imagery, like the crazy man who kept seeing maggots writhing in his skin and the whole lament configuration turning Channard into a cenobite. Oh my god that looked so painful and disgusting. The scene from Hellbound where The Twins are made was pretty disturbing too but probably the only highlight from that awful sequel. None of the Hellraiser movies scare me anymore but they use to plague my nightmares for years.

It takes a lot to disturb me anymore, especially in a society that worships wanton gore and violence now. I may be evil inside but A Siberian Movie made me laugh out loud several times, though I did feel pity for the main character and his family at the end. I think what disturbs me now in films are things that actually make me physically uncomfortable or offended, like violence against animals and exaggerated cruelty. Even with the latter I LOVE movies like Pulp Fiction, especially Samuel L.Jackson's famous "WHAT" scene and the Bruce Willis section of the film. I guess you could say animal cruelty and mass hysteria and panic are what disturb me. I can't watch movies like Final Destination either.

Last edited by NeueZiel on 13 Jul 2012, 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm

I think it was called Bloody Reunion. A Korean horror film that at first comes across as a typical slasher, but throws you for a loop at the end.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ikarikid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2012, 6:48 am

Eraserhead just plain creeped me out. I own the DVD too.
Audition...I enjoy Miike, but this film will make you squirm
Apocalypse Now. To prove that I have seen it, I shall state that the phrase "The horror, the horror!" is quoted three times towards the end of the movie. Also the title appears as graffiti in the background at a slightly earlier point. Oh, and that Dennis Hopper only has a brief role.

Giftorcurse wrote:
The Breakfast Club.

Care to explain?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

ikarikid wrote:
Eraserhead just plain creeped me out. I own the DVD too.
Audition...I enjoy Miike, but this film will make you squirm
Apocalypse Now. To prove that I have seen it, I shall state that the phrase "The horror, the horror!" is quoted three times towards the end of the movie. Also the title appears as graffiti in the background at a slightly earlier point. Oh, and that Dennis Hopper only has a brief role.

Giftorcurse wrote:
The Breakfast Club.

Care to explain?

I own Eraser Head. David Lynch's first, and perhaps, most perplexing movie.

charles52
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2012, 8:45 am

Recently, Hard Candy.

When I lived in Berkeley (late '70s), the UC Theatre on University (gone now) showed different movies every night and had midnight movies on the weekend... just watching Eraserhead was pretty disturbing, but then walking home through downtown Berkeley at 2 in the morning afterwards was pretty scary as well :-)

Oh, and anything with Tom Hanks.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 9:01 am

Teeth. (Dentata...) definitely not an appropriate date movie.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:49 am

The black swan is pretty creepy.
Silence of the lambs

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

Two immediately come to mind (I don't watch horror films)

Schindler's list

Saving Private Ryan

Both excellent films but they are so emotionally draining that I can't watch them again.

Amethyst
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

Earthlings - It's like a film documentary thing. There was this scene where a live dog was put in a garbage compactor. It really upset me, and the scene kept playing over in my head for days. Horrible film, but the worst thing is, this was apparently real :( :x

I switched it off after that, never want to see it ever again.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2012, 5:33 pm

The Roommate

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

Prophecy.
The movie had the most hideously ugly mutated bear monster that I had yet seen as a kid. It's the one movie I regret seeing to this day, as it caused me to stay awake night after night, peering into the darkness, just waiting for that God awful looking thing to come after me. Years later, when I watched the movie again, I saw that the mutant bear was just a guy in a plastic suit - - but that doesn't change the fact that in my unconscious mind, the freakish creature is still all too real. The psychologist who had diagnosed me with Asperger's had also listened to me about how I still have the occasional nightmare to this day of that bear monster. He had thought that my persistent thoughts of the bear had something to do with my Asperger's. He was probably right.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

I'm stuck between The Road and Eraserhead.
Had I been younger probably would have said Begotten but once you get it into your head most of the movie is symbolic of death / atonement / rebirth it stops being as grim as it looks.

lexicon2600

20 Jul 2012, 11:29 am

Not Without My Daughter

Requiem For A Dream

Red State
(religious fundamentalists start taking hostages and the police are shooting the hostages)

Star Trek The Motion Picture
(transporter accident scene)

Solaris
(the Russian version by Andrei Tarkovsky, not the one with George Clooney, specifically the scene where the wife gets frozen)

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

The Human Centipede.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Black Swan

District 9

Drive

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

charles52 wrote:
Recently, Hard Candy.

When I lived in Berkeley (late '70s), the UC Theatre on University (gone now) showed different movies every night and had midnight movies on the weekend... just watching Eraserhead was pretty disturbing, but then walking home through downtown Berkeley at 2 in the morning afterwards was pretty scary as well :-)

Oh, and anything with Tom Hanks.

Hard candy made me angry that dude was innocent and accused of the worst type of s**t if he got this vengance and was dancing in her blood it would have been a better ending :)