Page 45 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 93  Next

jafri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2016, 6:11 am

Am I the only one who actually cared about the show called Aldnoah.Zero?

I never thought why I was being so angry with my life because of that stupid show due to bad writing (from what I heard). until today. Things will officially never be same to me.

Hell, even it ended up in cliffhanger with so many unresolved questions. That's every anime in a nutshell.

Anyway I think I rather watch something comedy.

- Prison School
- D-frag!
- Daily Lives of high school boys

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 9:07 am

jafri wrote:
Am I the only one who actually cared about the show called Aldnoah.Zero?

I never thought why I was being so angry with my life because of that stupid show due to bad writing (from what I heard). until today. Things will officially never be same to me.

Hell, even it ended up in cliffhanger with so many unresolved questions. That's every anime in a nutshell.

It started out with high expectations with its writer (Urobochi has a bit of a reputation with Madoka, Psycho Pass and Gargantia), but it kind of fell into a mess with how things went. Spent so much time yelling how easy a little bit of communication could do that it was not so enjoyable, and it just got more complicated. I did some interesting comments on the series that it is largely a criticism of the usual hero in stories, where the impulsive one who acts emotionally is essentially a bad guy, while the genius who thinks with his head and real good guy has personality quirks (arguably autistic) that separate him from the average person. He has not exactly had great luck recently with Gunslinger Stratos and Chaos Dragon (doing original scenario and original creator).

Anyway, new season started. To go off comedies that jafri likes, I think there is Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, it has a sense of comedy similar to High School Boys.

Looking at the pickings, there seems to be a return of "moe", but just as much shows that seem fairly heavily geared to a female audience or even fujoshi crowd. To choose something most on my radar, I think I will go with Haifuri, it feels quite a bit like Girls und Panzer, although it does not have the director (he is working on The Lost Village), it seems to have taken what GuP did with tanks and is doing it with ships, but then it actually pulls something kind of surprising that is pulling it beyond the original setup.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress seems to be the new Attack on Titan, only with zombies, trains, set in the east, and steampunk guns.

And Flying Witch kind of stole the show with the best first episode with a really nice slow tone of characters that feel like people, J.C.Staff manage to pull some surprises.

jafri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Anyway, new season started. To go off comedies that jafri likes, I think there is Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, it has a sense of comedy similar to High School Boys.

Looking at the pickings, there seems to be a return of "moe", but just as much shows that seem fairly heavily geared to a female audience or even fujoshi crowd. To choose something most on my radar, I think I will go with Haifuri, it feels quite a bit like Girls und Panzer, although it does not have the director (he is working on The Lost Village), it seems to have taken what GuP did with tanks and is doing it with ships, but then it actually pulls something kind of surprising that is pulling it beyond the original setup.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress seems to be the new Attack on Titan, only with zombies, trains, set in the east, and steampunk guns.

And Flying Witch kind of stole the show with the best first episode with a really nice slow tone of characters that feel like people, J.C.Staff manage to pull some surprises.

- Sakamoto desu ga? I never heard that show before. Let me keep a look out for that.

- I seen a first episode of Kabaneri of Iron fortress but for some reason, I got goosebumps. What were the writer of code geass & director of AOT thinking here anyway? I rather give this show a chance.

Also I'm looking forward the other two shows like:-

Kiznaiver
Bongou Stray Dogs

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 12:56 am

jafri wrote:
Also I'm looking forward the other two shows like:-

Kiznaiver
Bongou Stray Dogs

I am interested in Kiznaiver, I enjoyed the more random parts in the first episode in a kind of Kill la Kill way, although I am also kind of predicting that it will play around with expectations of its characters.

There was nothing inherently bad with the first episode of Stray Dogs, but the second episode felt like a mess.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 1:24 am

I ordered Death Note on Monday. From what I have read, it's an excellent anime show.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 3:53 am

I'm not that much of an anime fan, but I do love the 1995 "Ghost in the Shell" movie.

Some of my favorite scenes :

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm

I haven't kept up with current shows, really. The best shows I've seen recently were:

Wagnaria
Just the kind of random slice-of-life fun that I most enjoy

Your Lie in April
I heard it was excellent, and I could not stop once I started. Seriously, I finished the entire series in a couple of days, even though it was breaking my heart into a million pieces.

Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue
It cheered me up

GJ Club
Some of the comedy was really subtle, other parts, not so much.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 11:48 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Wagnaria

If you like Working (Wagnaria), you might also enjoy Servant X Service, it kind of manages the same thing but with adults working in a public service office.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 12:12 pm

I'll check it out. Thanks!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I haven't kept up with current shows, really. The best shows I've seen recently were:

Wagnaria

Your Lie in April
I heard it was excellent, and I could not stop once I started. Seriously, I finished the entire series in a couple of days, even though it was breaking my heart into a million pieces.

Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue
It cheered me up

GJ Club
Some of the comedy was really subtle, other parts, not so much.

Gj-Bu is my second favorite anime of all time.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 10:25 am

Thanks, Brad. Servant x Service quickly became my favorite of the shows that I'm currently watching.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 12:08 pm

And you thought there is never a girl online? or Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (Netoge) has been surprisingly well received by some people, even if it is nothing amazing. It is about a guy who after an experience with gender in the past with playing net game (MMORPG) decides to keep reality and games separate, although after a meeting finds out his in game wife is really a girl at his school, and things happen. The girl so far seems to have some sort of social disorder at minimum, to go along with her other problems with social cues, which has mostly been played for cute so far, but who knows.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm

What's Clannad like? I'm trying to decide whether to watch the anime or the movie first.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
What's Clannad like? I'm trying to decide whether to watch the anime or the movie first.

My understanding is that the movie is a more abridged version of the plot which was made first, you should watch the tv series. Now Clannad is an adaption of a Key visual novel, which are well known for being funny, somewhat romantic, but also can be pretty sad, which makes them really good to watch, and it is also animated by Kyoto Animation which got itself on the map for shows like it. Similarly done earlier were Air (tv series), which was really kind of an experiment in trying to make the kind of show, where Kanon (2006) kind of perfected it and is personally one of my favourite series outright. With Clannad and its sequel, Clannad After Story), they kind of turned it up to 11 with some of the best humour, but also some of the most emotional parts that might hit you hard if you go in not ready. Kyoto Animation does some wonderful animation, and it is actually one of the few series that eventually makes it past high school, I would describe it as beautiful.

Key has since tried to continue success with spotty results, with Little Busters using the studio J.C.Staff, which I don't think was as successful. But also tried some stories not based on visual novels with the studio P.A.Works like Angel Beats, which was mostly successful, but you can feel that a great deal of its story was cut out, and the recent Charlotte, which seems to largely have fallen as a failure of writing a more coherent anime, although with the standard Key ups and downs. I mention these on the off chance you might of heard of them, but also that Clannad was the better show, and often considered one of the best.

Going further with my knowledge of the industry, it could be said that Kyoto Animation perfected moe, where afterwards they were able to make K-ON, a simple slice of life show about girls doing nothing, and managed to make it work with what they learned. Maybe off topic, but a story worth talking about with what is still one of the most highly regarded studios, and you probably need to be able to take some moe when watching Clannad. Also note is that both seasons also have some OVA episodes at the end that do a what if episode where the main character chooses a different girl.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:08 pm

^Thanks so much! :D
I'm listening to this right now:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
And you thought there is never a girl online? or Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (Netoge) has been surprisingly well received by some people, even if it is nothing amazing. It is about a guy who after an experience with gender in the past with playing net game (MMORPG) decides to keep reality and games separate, although after a meeting finds out his in game wife is really a girl at his school, and things happen. The girl so far seems to have some sort of social disorder at minimum, to go along with her other problems with social cues, which has mostly been played for cute so far, but who knows.

It would be nice if there were more anime actually featuring bi or gay characters(male). Though in Kiniro or Non Non you don't know if any of the characters are queer.