Deep Space 9 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
The Next Generation 53%  53%  [ 21 ]
Voyager 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 40

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 7:34 pm

Which do you think is better? I've seen some of the original series, and all of the rest.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

15 Oct 2009, 7:58 pm

I have only seen a dozen or so of The Original Series. I enjoy that series, I find it comical (not necessarily negative). I really enjoy The Next Generation. I have seen all of those shows and pretty much have them memorized. (Darmok is one of my favorites) :)

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 8:03 pm

None of the Rodeberry Clones were as good as Babylon 5 or the recent incarnation of Battlestar Galactaca.

ruveyn

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 8:47 pm

I can't decide which to vote for. :?

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2009, 8:51 pm

southwestforests wrote:
I can't decide which to vote for. :?

I Know, right. I was just thinking the same thing. My two favorites are TNG and Voyager

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 10:40 pm

My favourite is Next Generation, but I still really liked the original series. I found Deep Space 9 a bit boring (a show based on a wormhole???). I found Next Generation to have interesting story lines which were thought provoking - issues dealing with homosexuality, native rights (the episode where Worf finds some fellow Klingons who are being raised by a Romulan) and other interesting things.

I also find Jean Luc Picard way cool 8)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 11:02 pm

The animated series is better than the original in my opinion. The cartoon Enterprise looks more realistic too.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 1:04 am

Overall, DS9.

I really liked Voyager, but the whole "technology saves the day" thing was super lame after a while. That ship took poundings that should have destroyed it 100 times over but they always found a way to save the ship and the day.

ST:TNG was good, but it was too "preachy" (a term John de Lancie "Q" used) for a long time. Once Gene Roddenberry died, the show really got gritty and had potential, but they had exhausted most all the plot ideas they could think of.

DS9 was lame at first, but as they built up to the Dominion War, it really got good.

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 1:09 am

I voted for DS9. I liked it best because it seemed to have a bit of a darker tone to it than the other shows. The main reason I liked it best, though, was Odo. My favorite episodes were always the Odo-centric ones. I liked that they had a "detective" on the station to investigate mysteries. He was also the ultimate outsider on the show.

By the way, you left out Enterprise.

sanchasmcdude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2009, 2:29 am

DS9 "to boldly stay where no one has stayed that long before" got my vote. mainly based on the recurring characters. it gave the show realism.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 9:56 am

I think Deep Space Nine is the best. However, The Next Generation is the most "normal" Star Trek show since it takes place on the Enterprise in the 24th century.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 11:00 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Which do you think is better? I've seen some of the original series, and all of the rest.

There's a series missing from your list. What happened to Star Trek: Enterprise? Anyway, I liked quite liked Voyager. I can't remember how many episodes I watched of The Next Generation.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 8:27 pm

sanchasmcdude wrote:
DS9 "to boldly stay where no one has stayed that long before" got my vote. mainly based on the recurring characters. it gave the show realism.

That reminded me of a song with the line "mission to go no bloody place, instead loitering in Bajoran space."

There's some bad language here though, so be forewarned:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsGWdGhYKtY[/youtube]

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 8:29 pm

Oh, and my vote is for Star Trek: The Next Generation. It would be nice if they continued with the story of Riker and Deanna on the USS Titan though.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2009, 12:58 am

I liked 'em all, 'ceptin the animated series. Kinda missed that one...

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2009, 2:42 am

There was an animated series? Now that's news to me. "Enterprise" isn't an official Star Trek series. It always says "based on" People say that it's unrealistic as it's supposed to be set before Star Trek (original) but the technology used in it seems more advanced