How many always watch their shows days later? (DVR)

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

How many people are watching their favorite shows days after they air instead of when they come on? I don't even bother with tv schedules. I'd much rather watch all the shows of the week in 1 or 2 days all in one shot, because of all the gaps with nothing to watch in between. I program the DVR for everything and I never watch things the day they air. For instance "The Walking Dead." It aired last night, but I probably won't get to it till next Sunday.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

I do this a lot. That is because I have gotten so used to DVR, I tend to forget the shows come on so they record and I always find them on DVR. I started to use it so I be more flexible and not worry about missing my shows or having to leave at a certain time or stop what I am doing to watch it. I think it's great use for aspies and it's a step to being flexible.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

Hi Darialan,

I only watch recorded programmes as I find I miss alot of things watching 'live' and enjoy being able to stop or rewind if I need to. I have a stack of roughly one months tv to catch up on !

This has disadvantages in that e.g. I watched Masterchef Australia [a cooking competition over 10 or so weeks] but it was ruined for me when I caught a page on the internet spoiling who had won. :roll:

willa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

I would watch virtually no TV shows if I didnt have a DVR. Infact, up until I finally got one ~3 years ago I watched almost nothing, my TV was on for maybe 2-3 hours a week on average. Now that I have a DVR I watch probably half a dozen shows weekly. And never when they are on, record them and watch them at night before falling asleep. My DVR has actually massively increased my television intake hehe. Even when I moved recently one of the first things I did was make sure my cable was set up so that I could get all the stuff I like to watch set back to record asap.

Sports I don't always record. The big games and local team it's just a waste because anytime big things happen i have a network of friends who feel the need to text about it lol. Some of the not-so-popular prime time games I'll set to record and sit down an hour or so later and watch, have enough buffered basically to fast forward through the commercials.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 5:55 pm

I do this. I have a fulltime job and two kids under 8, so I don't have a lot of time, and certainly not when the TV people want me to watch!

I'm so committed to my DVR queue that I refuse every offer to switch my cable company (none of them have matched the price I pay, anyway).

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

I don't watch a lot of TV shows, but I almost always watch movies from TV with my DVR, especially if I've never seen it before. Heck of a lot cheeper than renting a movie, even if you are limited to older movies and whatever happens to be on the schedule.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2012, 1:21 am

I only watch stuff recorded on DVR, if I didn't have one I might as well not bother watch TV. I like skipping the commercials and watching more than one episodes in a row of The Big Bang Theory or Oddities or Spongebob Squarepants, which are the shows I watch basically.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2012, 1:30 am

I watch them after they air all the time. I always forget to watch shows when they are going to be on, so the DVR has ***REALLY*** helped me out a lot! Somethings I like to watch over and over, so I keep and don't erase.

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:50 pm

I only watch U.S. TV series, and only in the English original. This means that I'm forced to "steal" them and watch the episodes one or two days after they've aired. I'd love to subscribe to HBO and Showtime, but they don't seem to want German customers. Watching dubbed series on German TV is not an option either (the translations are horrible, and so is the voice acting), and of course I don't want to wait for the DVD to come out, so illegal downloads are the only option for me. But I often buy the DVDs at a later time if the series was good enough to watch it again.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 5:21 am

I record absolutely everything I want to watch, on our hard disc recorder. Sometimes, I watch them when they are on, but they will still be recorded anyway. I regularly watch programmes several days after they've been on. If I'm available to watch a programme on a commercial channel, I'll tune in 15-20 mins after the scheduled time and FF through the ads. If it's a BBC channel, I will watch it at the scheduled time, if I'm ready. A few of my favourite programmes clash, so it's necessary to record at least one anyway, even if I'm around at the time.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 9:12 am

Sort of. I download all the US TV I want to my shared network folder on my laptop and copy to my PS3 or other devices from that, then anything I want to see from the UK I can watch on 4OD or iPlayer. I never watch anything on ITV or BBC1 anyway. I also have an exemption letter from paying for a TV license. I usually keep everything for a Saturday afternoon and watch with a bong or two to chill out.

Last edited by ZX_SpectrumDisorder on 16 May 2012, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xXSeaShellXx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2012, 12:48 pm

I do this a lot too. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore so I'd rather just watch my favorite shows when I feel like it, and if a show I like how new episodes I just wait till they are rerunned at a convient time for me to watch them.