"You can't beat a bit o'Bully!": Spikey's Bullseye

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 5:25 pm

Has anyone been watching the revived edition of Bullseye on Challenge?

I have to say, it's really quite bad. Why they didn't bring Jim Bowen back is just about anybody's guess. Dave Spikey makes a poor host - while his stand-up can be very funny (and I'm a huge fan of Phoenix Nights and the like) on this revived version he just looks very uncomfortable indeed. Apart from all that, the show looks (and feels) like a replica of the original - most of the music and titles are very similar, and the jokes are poorer than they were in the original.

Any thoughts?

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2006, 2:52 pm

Bullseye was diabolical in the first place, now its even worse. I reflect on Bullseye from the past and laugh, how do you split a yacht between two people? And did they even want it anyway? They could sell it and split the earnings I suppose.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2006, 3:16 pm

Fiz wrote:
Bullseye was diabolical in the first place, now its even worse. I reflect on Bullseye from the past and laugh, how do you split a yacht between two people? And did they even want it anyway? They could sell it and split the earnings I suppose.

Yes, of course it was dire. But it was tacky, and this made it all part of the fun of it. I almost never failed to laugh when the "Let's have a lewk at what yer woulda won!" section happened. But this new one is not that fun.

Remember, "Stay out of the black and in the red - nothing in this game for two in a bed." :D