Page 1 of 20 [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 997
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

24 Oct 2009, 1:37 pm

This is a game they sometimes play in other online communities. Basically, someone posts a quote from a film and other people have to guess what film the quote is from. The first person to guess the film correctly has to post another film quote and people have to guess which film that quote is from and on it goes...

"I see America drinking
The fabulous cocktails I make
America is getting stinking
On something I stir or shake."



SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Mar 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,836
Location: a bubble called Cognitive Entropy

24 Oct 2009, 3:10 pm

^ Cocktail

"Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is He doing? He's laughin' His sick, f****n' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never!"



anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,825
Location: Europe

24 Oct 2009, 3:33 pm

The Devil's Advocate!

(I could totally see Pacino saying the words but took me a while to come up with the title)

"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk p*****s, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me."


_________________
not a bug - a feature.


willa
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,042
Location: between bannings.

24 Oct 2009, 3:55 pm

Taxi Driver
(and same thing, 5 words in and i was already reading it in Deniro's voice =P)


~


"So, you guys like to tell jokes, huh? Gigglin' and laughin' like a bunch of young broads sittin' in a schoolyard. Well, let me tell a joke. Five guys, sittin' in a bullpen, in San Quentin. All wondering how the f**k they got there. What should we have done, what didn't we do, who's fault is it, is it my fault, your fault, his fault, all that bullshit. Then one of them says, hey. Wait a minute. When we were planning this caper, all we did was sit around tellin' f****n' jokes! Get the message? Boys, I don't mean to holler at ya. When this caper's over - and I'm sure it'll be a successful one - we'll get down to the Hawaiian Islands, hell, I'll roll and laugh with all of ya. You'll find me a different character down there. Right now, it's a matter of business"


_________________
?It's a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.? - El Che


Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,897
Location: Port Royal, South Carolina

24 Oct 2009, 3:58 pm

No idea.

"I've seen things you people would'nt believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain... Time to die."


_________________
Yes, I'm still alive.


willa
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,042
Location: between bannings.

24 Oct 2009, 4:00 pm

Blade Runner


~

an easier one.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
"


_________________
?It's a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.? - El Che


anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,825
Location: Europe

24 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

"does he look like a b***h?!" lol

Pulp Fiction of course


"This is Bob. Bob had b***h tits."


_________________
not a bug - a feature.


Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,897
Location: Port Royal, South Carolina

24 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

Fight Club

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."


_________________
Yes, I'm still alive.


SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Mar 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,836
Location: a bubble called Cognitive Entropy

24 Oct 2009, 5:27 pm

^ don't know

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed—but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."



xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,917

24 Oct 2009, 6:31 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."


Die Hard 1

and I dont know the quotes from SoulcakeDuck so keep guessing on that one before new posts...


_________________
hi


EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 997
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

24 Oct 2009, 6:54 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
^ don't know

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed—but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."


This is only a guess but I have a feeling that this quote is from The Beach. Am I right?



Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Apr 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,190

24 Oct 2009, 7:08 pm

Quote:
"So, you guys like to tell jokes, huh? Gigglin' and laughin' like a bunch of young broads sittin' in a schoolyard. Well, let me tell a joke. Five guys, sittin' in a bullpen, in San Quentin. All wondering how the f**k they got there. What should we have done, what didn't we do, who's fault is it, is it my fault, your fault, his fault, all that bullshit. Then one of them says, hey. Wait a minute. When we were planning this caper, all we did was sit around tellin' f****' jokes! Get the message? Boys, I don't mean to holler at ya. When this caper's over - and I'm sure it'll be a successful one - we'll get down to the Hawaiian Islands, hell, I'll roll and laugh with all of ya. You'll find me a different character down there. Right now, it's a matter of business"


I'm guessing "The Usual Suspects"?


_________________
Detach ed


SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Mar 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,836
Location: a bubble called Cognitive Entropy

24 Oct 2009, 8:28 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
SoulcakeDuck wrote:
^ don't know

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed—but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."


This is only a guess but I have a feeling that this quote is from The Beach. Am I right?


The Third Man (old movie)



irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,357

24 Oct 2009, 11:59 pm

Starting up again:

"It's not a nice thing to do. People wouldn't understand. He wouldn't understand. What I mean is... Well... This is developing into a very bad habit!"


_________________
"Pack up my head, I'm goin' to Paris!" - P.W.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.


EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 997
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

25 Oct 2009, 4:49 pm

No takers? Here's a nice easy one:

"You know what hotdogs are made from? Lips and assholes!"