Page 1 of 4 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

I haven't watched anime for years. Looking to get back into it. I'm looking for something fun with fun female Characters and such. Maybe with a manga attached too.

I loved Love Hina, and when I was much younger (9---13) I loved Tenchi Muyo and Ranma 1/2

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 10:28 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I haven't watched anime for years. Looking to get back into it. I'm looking for something fun with fun female Characters and such. Maybe with a manga attached too.

I loved Love Hina, and when I was much younger (9---13) I loved Tenchi Muyo and Ranma 1/2

For looooong anime, with a manga attached, I'd suggest Naruto. The bad thing about it would be only one major female character (Sakura).

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 11:19 am

What do you mean by long?

Well Fairy Tail has been pretty good, a good mix of male and female characters, though the female characters are particulary not all push overs unlike some other simular series or stay on sidelines, well admitedly Lucy doesn't do the combat herself, she is often the voice of reason and is great in her own way. And another main character Erza is pretty awesome, being incredibly strong, loved, a leader, feared (she can make two hot bloodedfighters change tone with just a look) and fun. Well these are just two of the fun characters overall, each character haveing quirks and the show rarely get boreing (rarely will an episode be just one fight).

There is also K-ON!, 4 or 5 girls mostly hanging out and playing music, and of course the characters are fun, though also has a lot of moe, curently coming to an end of it's second and final season. Plot might sound a bit boreing, but the characters are more interesting and will have you enoying yourself.

Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku) is a favourite of mine, has a male main character, but plenty of interesting female characters, and lets just say that the main character might count at times. It is primarily a parody series so it can be rather fun, playing a sad story for laughs, wacky characters, absurd situations and breaking the 4th wall. And probably the longest I have mentioned, at around 78 episodes. It would ruin the fun if I explained too much.

Oh and if you have not seen it perhaps Azumanga Daioh, rarely much hapends, but the characters (almost all female) are so much fun that it is an incredibly good watch, from hyperactive sometimes cruel Tomo, to the innocent child genious Chiyo, to the quirky airhead Osaka (some on this site think she has AS tendencies). It is about 25 episodes though (maybe not long by some counts), but many including myself cry at the end, not becuase it is sad in nature, but because it actually ends.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:26 pm

Dragon Ball Z

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

Sounds like you like anime that have a lot of hot spring (and subsequently naked females) scenes.

I don't have anything to recommend you here, sorry.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

Highschool of the dead is good and is new, so their is only 9 episodes so far. An older anime is elfen lied.

Naruto is the longest but it has a lot of filler episodes in it pat 120. Inuyasha series is great if you haven't seen it.

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2010, 2:36 pm

If your looking for amine with a heavy female presence, I would suggest K-ON, Lucky Star, High School of the Dead, or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Other decent / long series worth checking out are Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 5:04 pm

I HATE NARUTO!! !! !! ! (sry if i am forcing my opinion down anyone's throats, just stating my opinion)

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2010, 6:23 pm

Saber marionette J 52 plus a movie.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:50 pm

One Piece and Fairy Tail.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 4:26 am

menintights wrote:
Sounds like you like anime that have a lot of hot spring (and subsequently naked females) scenes.

I don't have anything to recommend you here, sorry.

:oops: :oops: I think you got the wrong Idea about me...

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

Xenu wrote:
One Piece

are you kidding me?

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 4:42 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Xenu wrote:
One Piece

are you kidding me?

No I am not. The Japanese version is amazing and quite possibly the greatest anime series of all time. The American version was raped by 4kids, removing all violence, all cleavage, all swearing all references to death, all drinking, smoking, and pretty much anything considered inappropriate, they also removed characters important to the plot or completely changed there characters, and on top of that gave them horrible voices.

The Japanese version is amazing
The English one is a disgrace.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 3:52 am

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Z is alright, but Dragon Ball is much better. And DBZ doesn't really fit ShadesOfMe's specifications, unlike Dragon Ball.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is fun with fun female characters, but it's also full of blood, gore, torture, death, and insanity. In other words, more fun. :twisted:

olso4644
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2010, 8:45 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Dragon Ball Z

are you kidding me?