I'm looking for those movies - what are those?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

I'm looking for those 2 movies. On IMDB to the posters of which I turned to for help, they can't help me.

- About 15 years ago I happened to watch a cartoon I don't know what it was and Google doesn't help. It was about a team of (4?) heroes who encountered an evil guy named Alfred (he was wearing a mask) and his helper - a woman named Helen(a?). I remember only Helen drowning and asking for forgiveness because she understood the mistake she made being evil and the main characters being imprisoned during which one heroine remembered a ball in which she had once participated and "danced with a prince from another planet". One of the major characters was, I think, a very short guy with glasses. I think it was one of the G.I. Joe cartoons. On the other hand, I do admit, I watched it in its Polish translation not in the original language version so maybe the names could be changed - the villains at least were named Alfred and Helena in the Polish version but I can't be sure if those were their real names in English too. Someone on imdb claims it could be a G.I. Joe anime being a Marvel crossover but I can't find anything on this and it could be it. Helen wore a mask covering just her eyes and her hair was long and either light red or blonde.

- A movie. That's all I remember from it - there was a zoo fire in which a bear got injured and had a round wound on its thigh or back. I remember also a scene in which a woman patted a man who just shaved, on his cheeks (not in an affectionate way but because she got angry with him or something). I watched it in late 80's.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 10:44 am

Anyone to help me find out what these movies were? :)

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:39 pm

It wouldn't be the Fantastic Four would it because the short guy could be the Mole Man, one of their enemies. The G.I. Joe anime your refering to could be Sigma 6. Could this man in the mask be Dr Doom or Cobra Commander or Destro. Maybe the woman was The Baroness.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:35 pm

No, I know the FF and I'm sure it couldn't be this one. I'll check Sigma 6 but this dude's name was Alfred.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 10:39 am

The only Alfred I can think of is Bruce Wayne's butler.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 5:02 pm

But he wasn't this very one :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 6:18 pm

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 9:11 am

Anyone else? I'm looking for them for soooo long, nevertheless I can't find the answer anywhere.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 10:18 am

What channel was the show played on

What style of animation?
- 70's or earlier. Hanna Barbera, Speed racer
- 80's Rainbow Brite, Jem, GI Joe, Transformers
- 90's -- Everything later

Was it an older cartoon being show as a rerun or a new cartoon?

My Blog
Deviantart Page

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 5:54 pm

The names of Polish channels aren't going to tell you anything, anyway the cartoon was one I know from a cassette. I get the feeling the cartoon was an 80's one when it comes to its style. I think it was indeed made in the 80's. Or early 90's at best given the time I watched it.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 4:47 am

I have nothing concrete for either of them. I could find nothing with what you described.

Are there any other details you can remember?

My Blog
Deviantart Page