Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 12:44 pm

Are there any other fans here? Which episodes are your favorite? Mine are: Plague, Meet Me at the Fair, Bunny, The Monster of Walnut Grove, Blizzard, Quarantine, To Live with Fear, My Ellen, I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away, The Odyssey, Mortal Mission – generally all those episodes in which something really dramatic happens.

Do you like also the novels? I read a couple of them but they were very boring for me. In my country the books have been published but they aren’t too well known, I see them in libraries from time to time but that’s the series which became really popular, there aren’t too many people, I think, who have read Mrs. Ingalls’ works in here.

hazelm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2009, 2:52 pm

I read all the Little House on the Prairie books when I was younger. The tv series differs quite a bit from the books, and since I read the books first, I dislike the shows.

This happens a lot. If a movie is made based on a book or vice versa, whichever one I come across first my brain labels as the "correct" version. If I had seen the Little House tv series before reading the books, it would probably be the books that I would dislike.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 3:30 pm

I remember the books as a child. I totally identified with Laura because she had brown hair, was the younger sister and was "bad" which is how I saw myself. Mary, the older one is blonde like my older sister who is also named Mary, although she goes by her middle name. Mary was the "good" one. :roll:

The TV show could never compare. It was too sweet for one thing.

Sala
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2009, 8:51 pm

I have read each book of the "Little House" series more times than I can remember. In fact I am currently on book 7, "Little Town on the Prairie."
I tried reading "Little House In The Big Woods" to my daughter the other day, but she didn't like it very much.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 12:57 pm

Recently I am rewatching my favorite episodes again. :D I like the earlier seasons much more than the ones in which we are dealing with Laura and Mary being teens and adults with families on their own.