Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

After watching Turtles Forever and Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths I realise that some of the shows and films I've watched have plots to do with Parallel Dimensions/Multiverses, here are a few examples:
Turtles Forever
Justice League Crisis On Two Earths
Justice League A Better World Pts 1 and 2
Star Trek Mirror Universe Episodes
Family Guy Road To The Multiverse
Futurama The Farnsworth Parabox
South Park Spookyfish

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 12:06 pm

Dont forget Sliders and Fringe! !! 8)

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 1:06 pm

some of dean koontz's novels deal with bad crazy things like this.

also strange movie starring sam neil.....event horizon

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 1:42 pm

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (which takes place across the CLAMP mutiverse)
The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour (1 & 2)
I remember Lilo & Stitch episodes where Kim Possible, American Dragon: Jake Long, and The Proud Family crossed over too.
There were also a lot of Hanna-Barbera crossovers, like Laff-A-Lympics, Yogi's Gang, & some Christmas specials.
And then there's Rugrats Go Wild where the Rugrats met The Wild Thornberrys.
Disney's House of Mouse

Personally, my favorite multiverse is Toon Town from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's just really awesome to see some of my favorite cartoon characters together at once.

I could go into video game multiverses, but that belongs to the game forum.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 6:56 pm

I never watched Sliders and Fringe, don't read novels, I have never heard of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and with the exception of The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour episodes(thanks for reminding me) those other cartoons are really just crossovers in their same universes but thanks for responding.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:48 am

I just saw the movie Coraline yesterday.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 12:29 pm

Well, Event Horizon doesn't actually deal with multiverses per se, but rather with theological horror - the FTL drive the ship was testing out literally put it through Hell, and Something came along on the way out...

Interestingly, the producers of Justice League said that the two-parter "A Better World" was originally supposed to be about the League dealing with the Crime Syndicate of America (which is the plotline they covered in "Crisis On Two Earths"), but DC wasn't letting them do that for some reason, so they went with the alternate-timeline idea instead. (The version of Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from is canonically one in which Evil generally wins out over Good - so, for instance, that universe's Guardians of Oa have no problem with Power Ring using his ring to enforce the Syndicate's will - thus, it isn't an alternate timeline as such, more of a completely different universe. I also think Owlman was completely off the mark about the nature of the multiverse, but since Bats stopped him in the end, we'll never know, will we?) :)

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:12 pm

DeaconBlues says

Quote:
Interestingly, the producers of Justice League said that the two-parter "A Better World" was originally supposed to be about the League dealing with the Crime Syndicate of America (which is the plotline they covered in "Crisis On Two Earths"), but DC wasn't letting them do that for some reason, so they went with the alternate-timeline idea instead. (The version of Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from is canonically one in which Evil generally wins out over Good - so, for instance, that universe's Guardians of Oa have no problem with Power Ring using his ring to enforce the Syndicate's will - thus, it isn't an alternate timeline as such, more of a completely different universe. I also think Owlman was completely off the mark about the nature of the multiverse, but since Bats stopped him in the end, we'll never know, will we?)

There was nothing about alternate timelines at all.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:43 pm

tb86 wrote:
DeaconBlues says
Quote:
Interestingly, the producers of Justice League said that the two-parter "A Better World" was originally supposed to be about the League dealing with the Crime Syndicate of America (which is the plotline they covered in "Crisis On Two Earths"), but DC wasn't letting them do that for some reason, so they went with the alternate-timeline idea instead. (The version of Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from is canonically one in which Evil generally wins out over Good - so, for instance, that universe's Guardians of Oa have no problem with Power Ring using his ring to enforce the Syndicate's will - thus, it isn't an alternate timeline as such, more of a completely different universe. I also think Owlman was completely off the mark about the nature of the multiverse, but since Bats stopped him in the end, we'll never know, will we?)

There was nothing about alternate timelines at all.

"A Better World" indeed dealt with alternate timelines - the Justice Lords came to be when that universe's Flash was killed. Apparently, he was the conscience of the team; without him, and with his death to avenge, that universe's Superman, Wonder Woman, et al, decided maybe Batman had a point, and set out to defeat the bad guys by basically being worse than they were. (In the opener, alt-Supes defeats Doomsday by using heat-vision to lobotomize him; later, when our gang visits theirs, it's shown that this has become their typical modus operandi, with lobotomized criminals performing as park ground crews and such.) I don't recall the MacGuffin that made it necessary for the Lords to sacrifice their world to save the standard DCAU - but I do recall that they had a moment of hesitation as to which was the titular "better world"...

The Crime Syndicate, OTOH, comes from a timeline that differs from the DCAU timeline sometime immediately after the Big Bang - the moral balance there is the opposite of the DCAU balance. The bad guys always win, and anyone who stands against them is doomed to defeat. Kal-El was raised by gangsters (presumably after Krypton was destroyed in a war); Diana believes in the physical, forceful domination of men; Owlman was (in the comics) Thomas Wayne, using his money and his genius to defeat his son, the idealistic Police Commissioner Bruce Wayne; the Guardians of Oa want to enforce their will on the universe, and choose only the most callous individuals to grant Green Lantern rings; and so forth.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 10:57 am

Well I don't really understand all of this because I don't read the comics and I have aspergers. But this whole Justice League thing was parallel universes and when it comes to alternate timelines I think about stuff like the recent Star Trek movie.

memyselfI
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2010, 8:29 am

I'd like to tell anyone who cares or reads novels, that I like :

the man who turned into himself, by David Ambrose

which about somebody swapping between their own lives in parallel worlds

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 3:56 pm

If a film about the Ninja Turtles of the 2003 cartoon meeting the Turtles of the 80's cartoon can happen, imagine if something else like that could happen e.g. an X-Men/X-Men Evolution crossover or a Transformers(1984)/Transformers(2007) crossover.

Redeagle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Oct 2010, 9:35 pm

One good one was Charlie Jade, it got cancelled but sy fy still shows it from time to time. The idea was jade was a detective who gets thrown into our universe from his native one and is part of a conspiricy to destroy the verse.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 9:29 pm

I mentioned that one of the multiverse adventures I chose was the South Park episode Spookyfish, but I just remember about the Imaginationland trilogy. Does that count as multiverse?

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 9:41 pm

It would have been nice to see a Judging Amy/Gilmore Girls crossover.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 11:12 am

Man of Action the company behind Ben 10 is currently working on a new Spider-man cartoon. It would be kinda cool if the 2 heroes met in maybe a straight to dvd movie or something. They could fight the combined forces of Mysterio and that Hex guy or maybe Venom and Carnage(since they are both alien symbiotes merged with 2 humans) could somehow with Spidey be teleported to Ben 10's world and spread somekind of symbiote virus causing Spidey and Ben to team up. Also when Spidey meets Ben and Gwen he could start having memories of his Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy and Venom could taunt him about that since he knows who Spidey is. But in the end I would want Spider-man to save the day with help from Ben and his team but in a way on his own sort of like Batman did in the film Justice League Crisis on Two Earths.