Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

"After Last Season" is probably the worst movie I've ever seen and not in a "so-bad-it's-good" way. It's an amateuristic boring piece of crap with dialogue that makes no sense, special effects that appear to be made by an 8-year-old, a plot that's barely existing, lighting that's horrible, etc. The only way this movie is watchable is when watching Spoony's commentary. Unfortunately he had to remove the footage from his site, but you can still find it as a torrent if you look for it.

Here's a trailer for "After Last Season"...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXRD_jOO48[/youtube]

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 11:43 am

Lost in Translation.

People think it must be a good film because Scarlett Johansson is hot and Bill Murray is funny and it's set in Japan, so it must be cool. The film is really boring and it sucks and it infuriates me for some reason I can't put my finger on! :x

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

Buried - It was just Ryan Reynolds in a coffin for 90 minutes, and people regard it as a modern Alfred Hitchcock homage? Boring....

There Will Be Blood - Substitute "Boredom" for "Blood" and you'll see what i mean. Don't get me wrong, Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor, but even his character leaves you feeling underwhelmed.

Wolf Creek - This is not a horror movie, it's a snuff film. You can't expect to watch a trio of backpackers get tortured by a Aussie serial killer for 99 minutes.

Dances with Wolves - Overlong, uninspiring and overrated.

Hannibal Rising - A total insult to Silence of the Lambs, and Rhys Ifans is the unconvincing Nazi ever.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 4:35 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Buried - It was just Ryan Reynolds in a coffin for 90 minutes, and people regard it as a modern Alfred Hitchcock homage? Boring....

There Will Be Blood - Substitute "Boredom" for "Blood" and you'll see what i mean. Don't get me wrong, Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor, but even his character leaves you feeling underwhelmed.

Wolf Creek - This is not a horror movie, it's a snuff film. You can't expect to watch a trio of backpackers get tortured by a Aussie serial killer for 99 minutes.

Dances with Wolves - Overlong, uninspiring and overrated.

Hannibal Rising - A total insult to Silence of the Lambs, and Rhys Ifans is the unconvincing Nazi ever.

Hannibal Rising was indeed a travesty. They take a serial killer genius, and in telling his origin story turns him into an action hero :x.
And if he studied medicine, just how the hell does he end up a psychiatrist?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Azolet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2011, 9:30 pm

nilescrane wrote:
I know this is blasphemy, but Inception. I left the theater after the first half. Bored me to tears.

I thought it was good (though a bit confusing) the first time around, but it's really not something you can watch more than once.

jamesohgoodie wrote:
The "Twilight" movies. Forget all the other criticism of the "Twilight" series. I've sat through all three films so far, and my biggest problem? They're BORING. The performances are listless, the pace is leaden, and almost nothing is accomplished and nothing has happened by the end of every one of them.

Lmao, don't even get me started on Twilight. My friends and I saw the first two, just to see how bad they were. I'll tell you one thing though, they are good for making "that's what she said" jokes (although this caused the seventh graders sitting in front of us at the theater to tell us to please be quiet :lol:)

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2011, 10:16 pm

tb86 wrote:
I have never seen The Room, but judging from the Nostalgia Critic's review it looks terrible but the review was funny.
One film I find slightly boring is Star Trek The Motion Picture. It starts off good at first but probably got a little hard to watch around the time Spock returned to the Enterprise. But at some point in the film to which I can't really remember it got interesting again. I didn't really like that Decker guy and the bald lady, though they were the inspiration for Riker and Troi. Also why was Spock so obsessed with V'Ger. I think this film is still better than Star Trek V The Final Frontier, though that film wasn't boring.

I'd have to agree with you, but being a Trekker (not Trekkie, I enjoy Star Wars more) I'll still want to see the other ones.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 8:31 am

I'd hate to say it, but I found Schindler's List to be a little boring. I don't know why, but it just didn't grasp me during the first half hour, which is a shame, because I find the holocaust to be fascinating.

Maybe I should give the movie another chance, but I didn't think much of it when I first saw it.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 4:29 pm

Herschell Gordon Lewis movies are mostly considered to be boring because he liked to just stick a camera in one spot and never move it for long stretches of time. There's a lot of that static camera work in "Color Me Blood Red", for instance. When Joe Bob Briggs introduced Lewis' "Suburban Roulette", he mentioned that it was shot near Chicago's O'Hare airport and they had to space the shots around the passing planes. "Thanks to the Federal Aviation Administration he made a somewhat better movie!".

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 3:50 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Lost in Translation.

People think it must be a good film because Scarlett Johansson is hot and Bill Murray is funny and it's set in Japan, so it must be cool. The film is really boring and it sucks and it infuriates me for some reason I can't put my finger on! :x

You are totally wrong. This movie is brilliant but it references to experience you must have to understand. I'm sure you will understand it later.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 11:17 pm

Descartes wrote:
I'd hate to say it, but I found Schindler's List to be a little boring. I don't know why, but it just didn't grasp me during the first half hour, which is a shame, because I find the holocaust to be fascinating.

Maybe I should give the movie another chance, but I didn't think much of it when I first saw it.

You are most definitely going straight to hell.

tristangoding
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2011, 2:28 am

The Brown Bunny with Vincent Gallo was pretty boring. The whole film is just Gallo driving to California, stopping only to look at animals, ride his motorcycle, mess with the minds of random women, and then finally meet up with his old girlfriend to do what is advertised on the poster.