Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2006, 2:27 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
The worst of the worst shows is Barney and Friends. From what I remember from back when I used watch it, and from what I read about it on Wikipedia, the show is horrible. It makes the world seem like a beautiful and gentle place, while for a lot of aspies, it's anything but that. What's the deal with the "let's be happy and love one another" message? It's completely unrealistic even for NTs, let alone aspies.

Exactly!

glavin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2006, 4:41 pm

B**bah. I dare not type out its complete name in fear of getting eaten by Satan. It's that evil of a show.

And Baby Looney Tunes is a disgrace to everything that makes the animation medium worthwhile in the first place. Just another reason why Jamie Kellner was the worst network exec evar.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 5:02 pm

Lazy Town 8O. Hate it, hate it, hate it. If I look at it, my brain starts to melt.

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 8:36 pm

Before we dis' BooBah anymore, I want to point out that if you had an autistic child who lacks confidence and coordination, loves rainbows and sparkly magic dust, the "Look What I Can Do" segment is a godsend.

It is excruciating, but it got her up on her feet every time and she tried to do the spins and jumps until she could actually do them. That segment gave me an avenue to reach her that little else had managed. It may sound ridiculous, but I joined her in the exercises and we did them together. She has prgressed well beyond this silly TV show now, and I still give them credit for getting her moving at times when she was totally introverted.

But "Barney" sux, I must agree with that one. However the one that is absolutely banned from our house is called "Caillou". This one is a piece of trash! ... unless you want to teach your four year old all the benefits and subtle methods of whining. "Caillou" is one giant whine-fest from start to finish!

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 2:40 am

Couldn't agree more on Barney, Lazy Town and Caillou. Utterly loathe all 3.
My personal pick, since most of the truly annowing ones have been named thus far, would be one called Nanalan. I cannot even beGIN to describe the depths of my contempt for that show. So I won't. Suffice it to say, it is loathesome and grotesque.
Not to mention the fact that it gives my kid the willies, too.

I really miss Angry Beavers tho. That one rocked.

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2006, 4:39 pm

There's also a show on Disney that makes the whole world seem perfect, of course in reality it isn't, called Charlie and Lola.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 7:45 pm

Anyone have a shotgun so i can take all of them out!! ! :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 1:20 am

I hate Teletubbies and Baby Looney Tunes :evil:, I can lend you a shotgun or a katana if you wanna kill them :twisted:

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 12:43 pm

edit: repeat

Last edited by Scintillate on 16 Oct 2006, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 12:46 pm

Can't think of many cartoons I hate, I think because I've never been too fond of tv, so cartoons became my favourite form of escape when I want to... get away from my thoughts for a while..

Wait... there is one I definately don't like...

Astroboy, in my memory as a child it was so amazing and creative, I saw it a few years later and couldn't believe how cheap and nasty the voices/animation/story/EVERYTHING was.

Hmmn what about kids shows we love?

I love avatar, evangelion (not really kids show but eh), rocko, ren n stimpy hmmn

ren and stimpy, now that was one educational kids show!

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 2:50 pm

Looney Tunes and Scoobydoo are the best cartoons.

Blue's Clues is the worst. Even worse than Barney.

12 Oct 2006, 8:30 pm

I hate Barney. Argh! I hate him because he is a humliating purple dinosaur.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 9:35 pm

likedcalico wrote:
I hate Barney. Argh! I hate him because he is a humliating purple dinosaur.

Dat's why i need a pack of velociraptors to take dat purple pisacrap out!! ! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

wildthing121675
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2006, 12:02 am

I cannot STAND POKEMON or all that Jap crap that is on. It is weird, unusual, and it is nothing like seeing a coyote try to catch a roadrunner, or seeing a rabbit and duck argue over what season it is. In the words of Slappy Squirrel, Now that's Entertainment!

WildThing121675

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 1:42 am

:x :x :x I HATE "BLUE'S CLUES"! !! :x :x :x

But I quite like some of the Nickolodeon stuff: "Wild Thornberrys" and "Rugrats". :D

Spudzombie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2006, 11:30 am

Lizzie McGuire... that has to be the absolute worst piece of horse guano I have ever had the misfortune to even hear of.

I'd much rather watch something more educational for the mind... say, a nice glass of apple cider.