Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 6:53 pm

I'd have to say Lawrence Kutner from House. I knew it was coming because before I even started watching the series, someone spoiled a few things for me including Kutner's suicide. I even knew what episode it was going to happen in. That's why when I was watching Locked In, it was such a sad episode, the last one before Simple Explanations. I really liked Kutner. And even though I knew it was coming, that episode was still so sad.

What was your saddest TV death?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 7:07 pm

Fry's dog in Futurama. :(

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 7:48 pm

Well for me it is in the anime Clannad Afterstory, it hapends towards the end of the series, but I won't say who it was to avoid spoiling anyone who wants to watch, but just thinking about it is makeing me tear up. Most definetly the sadest tv show death for me.

It is a show that will make you laugh and make you cry.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 7:57 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Fry's dog in Futurama. :(

Agreed, though that was kind of retconned in the movie/TV serial Bender's Big Score, where Seymour had a happy life with Fry, albeit a duplicate (of Fry) created through time travel. Before he got flash fossilised thanks to the back blast from Bender's BFG.

While technically not a death in the standard sense of the term, two of the Doctor's regenerations come to mind from Doctor Who. The fourth into the fifth from Logopolis...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf2peBPTUGI[/youtube]

...and the tenth into the eleventh from The End of Time...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrd44v7Q6w[/youtube]

And the rather more permanent death of Adric from Earthshock. It looks better on the DVD, where there's an option to watch the story with CGI effects, and where the freighter can actually be seen plummeting to Earth and hitting it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNdc7E_0r6U[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

12 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

LeeAnderson wrote:
I'd have to say Lawrence Kutner from House. I really liked Kutner. And even though I knew it was coming, that episode was still so sad.

Kutner's death was sad, but Amber's (cut throat b***h's) death was incredibly poignant (even though I didn't care for her). The last scene with her and Wilson was very sad.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

Well yes it was sad. I cried, but I cried for Wilson, not Amber. Wilson didn't deserve that.

XFridgeYyeahZRosie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Dec 2010, 10:58 pm

Charlie Pace: LOST
Drowned.
RIP little guy :'[
I tear up just thinking about it.
(lol, 'little guy'?)

I wish you an absofreakinlutely spectacular day!! :D (and every other day for that matter :]

Cheeseroyale34
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2010, 11:14 pm

Chef from South Park. Sad Scientology took him away from such an excellent series.

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:28 pm

Wee Jock on Hamish Macbeth.

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:33 pm

Oh, and if it turns out they really killed Mozzie on White Collar, that'll be up there too. That would be so wrong, to kill such a great character and have it done by one of my favorite TV actors (Paul Blackthorne). But I don't think he's really dead though.

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 11:39 pm

XFridgeYyeahZRosie wrote:
Charlie Pace: LOST
Drowned.
RIP little guy :'[
I tear up just thinking about it.
(lol, 'little guy'?)

I hated that one too. There were a lot of awful deaths on that show--Mr. Eko, Boone, Libby, Charlie, Daniel. I think I cried over all those, but I think Daniel's death was the most upsettiing for me. Libby too--it was just so pointless and wrong. At least Charlie's death had some meaning.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

13 Dec 2010, 12:48 am

LeeAnderson wrote:
Well yes it was sad. I cried, but I cried for Wilson, not Amber. Wilson didn't deserve that.

You're right, Wilson is what made the scene sad for me as well.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Sam2001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2010, 9:52 am

Tara Maclay from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Omar from the Wire both taken suddenly and unexpected. :(

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 9:58 am

Warrick Brown (CSI)

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Solid_Snake12345
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Dec 2010, 11:45 am

If you haven't seen 24 season 1 you won't know who's death I am talking about (as I will not spoil what, for me, was the greatest twist in a TV show) but the death that upset me most was the character who Jack finds dead at the very end of the season. I can't go into detail as to why without ruining it but that death really upset me.

I must say I'm not a fan of Kutner's death as there was never any sign (and I know they mention that there rarely is but it seemed like a convenient plot device so that he could leave) but Amber's death, as somebody else said, was very poignant and also upset me as I quite liked her.

The Ice Truck Killer's death also was quite upsetting. Not because he didn't deserve it but because it was simply luck that he was the one on the table. Doakes' death was also unfortunate but that was more because of how it was handled and it felt like a cheap way out for the shows writers as opposed to a well planned out plot ending. The Trinity Killers second victim's death was also very impact and I could only think about what I assume it would be like being forced to kill yourself when you led a happy, successful life. There was also a particularly horrifying slow knife stab through the heart which was also sad but more because it must be horrifying to feel so much pain and in season 4 there was a brutal bludgeoning with a hammer which was one of the most horrifying kills I've ever seen in a TV show or movie for the same reason as the knife stab.

Now, I don't mean that I was cryng or felt very emotional following all those deaths, just that it seemed rather sad (except the 24 to which I almost started crying).

martyfan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Dec 2010, 11:52 am

bonuspoints wrote:
LeeAnderson wrote:
I'd have to say Lawrence Kutner from House. I really liked Kutner. And even though I knew it was coming, that episode was still so sad.

Kutner's death was sad, but Amber's (cut throat b***h's) death was incredibly poignant (even though I didn't care for her). The last scene with her and Wilson was very sad.

Amber's death is probably the saddest I have seen on the telly. The the way it was filmed and the acting was absolutely heart wrenching, the fact that they turn off the life support machine together too :cry: The first time I actually saw that scene was the first time I had even seen House, and it was only that scene so I didn't know any of the characters at the time but it still upset me haha.