Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2011, 12:17 pm

I was browsing youtube when I found the movie "A Bugs Life", and since that was my favorite movie when I was younger I decided to wach it again. By the time I got to the end I was bawling my eyes out (with good tears) Because it brought back so many childhood memories. Has anyone else recently cried from a movie that they used to wach when they were younger?

I think I'll wach "Little Mermaid" next. :chin:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 6:20 pm

Watching some of the old Cartoon Network bumpers on Youtube can have the same effect on me. I don't cry, I just feel overwhelmed with nostalgia.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 5:12 am

the wizard of oz reduces me to a pathetic puddle. judy and her faux tears are too much for me still. same for claude jarman jr. in the yearling[possibly the most tear-eliciting movie ever made]. smokey and the bandit makes cry from agonizing laughter. same for freebie and the bean.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
the wizard of oz reduces me to a pathetic puddle. judy and her faux tears are too much for me still. same for claude jarman jr. in the yearling[possibly the most tear-eliciting movie ever made]. smokey and the bandit makes cry from agonizing laughter. same for freebie and the bean.

I watched The Wizard of Oz a few nights ago. It was one of my favorite movies as a child.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:11 am

Descartes wrote:
I watched The Wizard of Oz a few nights ago. It was one of my favorite movies as a child.

did you ever try to listen to the pink floyd album "dark side of the moon" while watching the wizard of oz, with the movie soundtrack muted for the first 40 minutes? google it.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 8:15 am

I don't get crying but I love 80's movies. Didn't seem to really have a care in the world. Scrounging money for Donkey Kong. Blasting "Empire Strikes Back" single transfered to tape on this little yellow panasonic cassette player (don't even know what happened to that 45). My son has the new Tron soundtrack and all those video game sounds and (not to mention some 80's like music loops) makes me think of that all over again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:57 am

I get a dose of nostalgia from watching the original Star Wars movies but it's a happy kind of nostalgia. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 12:51 pm

Although I haven't seen it recently, I know I would be overwhelmed with nostalgia if I were to watch Balto again. That movie was one of my earliest special interests.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 9:29 pm

I watched "Network" again. It's the opposite of nostalgic. When I fist saw it, I didn't see it's connection to everyday life. Now it looks exactly like what is going on today.

Another film that comes to mind... "Nostalghia" by Andri Tarkovsky... A good film, but it doesn't really make me nostalgic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 6:15 am

watching "star trek IV" makes me feel like i've gone back in the WABAC machine and am visiting the middle 80s. i was in the military then, and the military backdrop felt uncomfortable to me when i first viewed that movie in the theatre back in 1986. but the scenes in SF were wonderfully colorful, and at that time i would've given my eyeteeth to be stationed at the presidio barracks, like some of my army fellow-trainees were. every time i see that movie i feel 25 years younger. "gardens of stone" was even worse in that respect, because they filmed it in old army barracks on the post i was stationed at, and these barracks looked just like my training barracks.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2011, 3:28 pm

Anything from 90s Nickelodeon makes me have a nostalgia attack from Legends of the Hidden Temple to Pete and Pete to KaBlam!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm

About a week ago, I saw something about Foghorn Leghorn, the Loony Tunes chicken, and that my daughter was watching it with some interest. So, I found old cartoons on YouTube about Leghorn tormenting that poor dog, all the while a tiny chicken hawk is trying to eat Foghorn. I found myself taken back to my childhood while watching with my five year old daughter, and telling her this was the kind of stuff Mommy and Daddy used to watch when we were her age.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer