Why was Batman Forever better than Batman & Robin?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 6:53 pm

Can someone please tell me why Batman Forever was Better than Batman & Robin, I am not saying either of these are good as all of them were bad, I have not seen either of them so could someone please tell me why Batman Forever was better than Batman And Robin

mv
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 7:40 pm

Two words: costume nipples

Al-Bone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2011, 3:02 am

Two words: Nicole Kidman

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 9:06 am

The thing is when seeing the trailers of Batman Forever and Batman And Robin, they both seem as bad as each other, how is Batman Forever better than Batman & Robin?

Al-Bone

16 Mar 2011, 9:18 am

In all seriousness, Batman Forever, while not a great film is a fun one to watch. I feel that Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell had decent chemistry. I also enjoy the origin of Robin storyline, where Dick Grayson is hell-bent on revenge against Two-Face for killing his family. Jim Carrey was a good Riddler as well, and Nicole Kidman was smokin' hot.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 9:25 am

Al-Bone wrote:
In all seriousness, Batman Forever, while not a great film is a fun one to watch. I feel that Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell had decent chemistry. I also enjoy the origin of Robin storyline, where Dick Grayson is hell-bent on revenge against Two-Face for killing his family. Jim Carrey was a good Riddler as well, and Nicole Kidman was smokin' hot.

Jim Carrey was an awful Riddler. I got to admit, Jim Carrey is good and funny actor, but he is not good as The Riddler, as his Riddler was nothing like the Riddler in the comics. The Riddler is supposed to be a calculating psychopath, not a hyperactive goof ball on speed. I think John Simm (Life On Mars, Doctor Who) would make a brilliant Riddler.

Al-Bone

16 Mar 2011, 11:00 am

Laconvivencia wrote:
Al-Bone wrote:

Jim Carrey was an awful Riddler. I got to admit, Jim Carrey is good and funny actor, but he is not good as The Riddler, as his Riddler was nothing like the Riddler in the comics. The Riddler is supposed to be a calculating psychopath, not a hyperactive goof ball on speed. I think John Simm (Life On Mars, Doctor Who) would make a brilliant Riddler.

I guess I should mention that I am not that familiar with the comics, so I'm not basing my opinion of any aspect of the film with comparisons to the comic series.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 2:44 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Al-Bone wrote:

Jim Carrey is funny in his comedy roles, but was an annoying Riddler, his dastardly deed of sucking all of Gotham's brainwaves from the citizen's minds sounds like something out of the 60's TV series. As for Two-Face, Tommy Lee Jones reduces one of Batman's best villians to a cackling lapdog with make-up that looks like bubblegum had been superglued to his face. Two-Face is meant to be a schizophrenic crime boss who is obsessed with duality and fate, not a cackling flamboyant Jack Nicholson reject.

Nicole Kidman - despite being hot back in 95 - was just plain slu*ty as the love interest. Did we really need to know she and Batman's dirty fantasies during the rooftop scene? And Chris O'Donnell as Robin? Less said, the better.

Still, Batman Forever at least tries to be a good film, but the amounts of camp homo-eroticism and dirty Nicole Kidman talk ultimately turn it into a joke.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:
Al-Bone wrote:

Jim Carrey is funny in his comedy roles, but was an annoying Riddler, his dastardly deed of sucking all of Gotham's brainwaves from the citizen's minds sounds like something out of the 60's TV series. As for Two-Face, Tommy Lee Jones reduces one of Batman's best villians to a cackling lapdog with make-up that looks like bubblegum had been superglued to his face. Two-Face is meant to be a schizophrenic crime boss who is obsessed with duality and fate, not a cackling flamboyant Jack Nicholson reject.

Nicole Kidman - despite being hot back in 95 - was just plain slu*ty as the love interest. Did we really need to know she and Batman's dirty fantasies during the rooftop scene? And Chris O'Donnell as Robin? Less said, the better.

Still, Batman Forever at least tries to be a good film, but the amounts of camp homo-eroticism and dirty Nicole Kidman talk ultimately turn it into a joke.

Still, it's Oscar worthy compared to Batman & Robin.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 2:56 pm

batman forever had decent parts, while batman and robin was just s**t

Last edited by imbatshitcrazy on 17 Mar 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 2:56 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Can someone please tell me why Batman Forever was Better than Batman & Robin, I am not saying either of these are good as all of them were bad, I have not seen either of them so could someone please tell me why Batman Forever was better than Batman And Robin

i have a question for you, if you haven't seen them, how can you complain about them?

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 5:54 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

i have a question for you, if you haven't seen them, how can you complain about them?

I have seen the trailers for both films, and they do not seem different to each other.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 6:17 pm

no, how can you criticize the films if you haven't seen them?

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
no, how can you criticize the films if you haven't seen them?

I am trying to be a good Batman fan.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

Just skip Batman & Robin and watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 6:32 pm

Bataar wrote:
Just skip Batman & Robin and watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

I saw the Nostalgia critic review of Batman & Robin, and i knew it was rubbish.