Kids movies 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Teenager movies 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Adult movies 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2011, 10:52 pm

What movies do you understand more? And what one would you learn toreds more if you wanted to watch something that would be a good movie to understand and like at the same time for you?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 11:17 pm

The movies which I understand and enjoy the most are those that are targeted towards children and/or teenagers. I've tried watching movies that people my age and gender typically enjoy (which would be romantic comedies/dramas), but I have a lot of difficulty understanding them due to their emphasis on social things such as body language and reading between the lines.

RAINCLOUD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2011, 11:49 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
The movies which I understand and enjoy the most are those that are targeted towards children and/or teenagers. I've tried watching movies that people my age and gender typically enjoy (which would be romantic comedies/dramas), but I have a lot of difficulty understanding them due to their emphasis on social things such as body language and reading between the lines.

I hate romance comedies and dramas too

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2011, 12:08 am

RAINCLOUD wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

I hate romance comedies and dramas too

I love dramas i have no problem reading body langwege but i have a hard time understanding things when it comes to jokes you have to think about or something not a joke but hard to understand when theres to much stuff to it. But on the comabey thing yeah i get you i hate them to :)

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 12:43 pm

I prefer films for adults. But generally I prefer Science Fiction, Horror, and Thrillers. There are very few Comedies I like. And being forced to sit through a 'rom-com' is painful. So I prefer genres that focus less on human relationships.

I do like quite a lot of films targeted at children, especially if they are based on a book I like, or are more of a Science Fiction or Fantasy slant e.g. The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Neverending Story. There are some Disney movies I love, like Finding Nemo and the Lion King.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 1:11 pm

Henbane wrote:
I prefer films for adults. But generally I prefer Science Fiction, Horror, and Thrillers. There are very few Comedies I like. And being forced to sit through a 'rom-com' is painful. So I prefer genres that focus less on human relationships.

I do like quite a lot of films targeted at children, especially if they are based on a book I like, or are more of a Science Fiction or Fantasy slant e.g. The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Neverending Story. There are some Disney movies I love, like Finding Nemo and the Lion King.

The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and The Neverending Story are movies I've liked since I was a kid, but I never *completely* understood them until watching them again as an adult. I think that's part of what's so great about such movies; it's easy to like them as a kid but you appreciate them even more after you mature.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 5:41 pm

me fail english? that's unpossible!

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.