Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 9:44 am

Ok guys help me out here. The Incredible Hulk VS Superman. Who would win? I'm talking neutral ground, no limitations, no kryptonite anywhere, Bruce is already in his beastly form etc. etc. I want STONE COLD FACTS AND EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS. Any takers? :D

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 10:42 am

It probably depends a lot on how strong Superman is. He seems to vary a fair amount.

My money would probably be on Superman though as he's pretty much invulnerable, where as the hulk is just extremely tough.

And Superman is probably smarter.

Mind you if it's some sort of weird situation where he has his Bruce levels of intelligence and full Hulk ability, he might win. Even if we assume no 'mad science'

A lot of it depends on how vulnerable Superman is. If he can be 'squished' to even some degree, the Hulk could probably squeeze his neck so he couldn't breath, and point his head away so that he couldn't use his heat vision.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 11:03 am

Couldn't Sup just deposit Hulk on the Sun and leave him there?

- Emerson

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 4:56 pm

I don't think the question is whether Supes could defeat Hulk. I think the question is, Could Supes's fanboys defeat Hulk's fanboys? I don't think so! Hulk's fanboys love Hulk 'cus they can relate to his intense unstoppable rage. Supes's fanboys can relate to Supes because they're foolishly idealistic and goody-goodies. Naturally, the Hulk fanboys would do all the hair pulling and crotch kicking and what not due to their intense unstoppable rage, so they'd probably win!

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 8:27 pm

haha Veresae sounds pretty true. But let's not forget that the Hulk gets bigger and stronger the more angry he gets - theres no limit to his power. But come nightfall, when the sun goes away, Superman's batteries will slowly run out.

>>Couldn't Sup just deposit Hulk on the Sun and leave him there?<<
Could you imagine anyone picking up the Hulk and flying him to his death without any kind of resistance?

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 8:29 pm

Easy. Hulk wins on account of him being made by Marvel Comics (which seldom made comics as goofy as those of DC). Besides, if Batman could beat up Superman, then the Hulk can beat up Superman.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 10:52 pm

Superman would definitely win, as the hulk seems to lose his fine motor skills when "hulked" yet superman's seem to increase when "supered."

shivanataraja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2006, 9:35 am

check out http://forums.comicbookresources.com/fo ... y.php?f=25

IMO, Superman wins - Hulk only has one power, Superman has loads of versatile powers - flight, super speed, heat vision, freeze breath (does he still have that?), probably loads of other goofy ones that he used once in the 70s or something and then the writers forgot about...

OK so the Hulk is capable of exceeding Superman in strength (Supes is probably stronger to start with, but his strength stays constant, whereas Hulk gets stronger the longer he fights for, and will probably quickly exceed S-man in raw strength), but Clkark could just pick him up, fly into space, and throw him out of Earth's orbit at escape velocity or something... Hulk can't fly, so he can't get back...

That's if Superman is fighting sensibly (ie, dirty) and not like his usual do-gooder self, of course (do-gooder Supes would probably try to calm Hulk down until he turns back into Banner, or some such tactic)...

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 10:09 pm

shivanataraja wrote:
Superman has loads of versatile powers - flight, super speed, heat vision, freeze breath (does he still have that?), probably loads of other goofy ones that he used once in the 70s or something and then the writers forgot about...

http://www.superdickery.com/galleries.html

Click "Stupor powers." SUPER-WEAVING!