Page 350 of 415 [ 6625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353 ... 415  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 9:08 pm

Just discovered that these episodes are on YouTube.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 2:09 am

binging the 'Location, Location, Location' (channel 4) yt

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 9:09 pm

Two more episodes of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads

I couldn't even get the title right in yesterday's post, lol.

It's very noticeable that even though the show is set in Newcastle, none of the cast speak with a genuine Geordie, or even North-East, accent. This was a common failing of most TV drama of the era - half the cast on Coronation Street had Yorkshire or faux Yorkshire accents, for example.

:nerdy:

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 9:45 pm

Sherlock, Season 1
episode 1 - Unaired Pilot (2011) - he is called a psychopath several times
episode 2 - A Study in Pink (2010)
episode 3 - The Blind Banker (2010)

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 9:50 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Finish season 5 of Outlander, and now have to wait for season 6 on DVD from Netflix.

Meanwhile, I watched episode 1 of season 1 again, picking up several points I missed or did not recall when mentioned. One was later a there is a police sketch of a highlander, resembling Jamie, and I could not remember where that came from. In episode 1, Frank, returning to the hotel where he and his wife are staying, sees the highlander from the back, looking up a Claire. When Frank approaches him, the highlander turns to walk away, but instead of brushing past Frank, he vanishes. Ooo. Spooky mysterious... I remember feeling that way the first time I saw it as well. I still wonder about it.

The aging makeup is nicely done in the later seasons. Streaks of gray hair, but not too obvious, just stray strands. In fact all the aging makeup is very subtle. Nice job make up artists. Jamie wears reading glasses. Nice job wardrobe.

Wish I had added the name of the show.... Outlander. Added it now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 9:56 pm

Murder In The Heartland.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 3:09 am

My soap opera
Gilmore Girls
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic Prime on Netflix

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 7:07 am

Another two episodes of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads?

Terry and Bob discuss some of their fantasies on the eve of the latter's wedding to Thelma.

Bob: " I think the sexiest programme on TV is 'Top of the Form', not 'Top of the Pops'.

Could you imagine a line like that in any modern TV 'comedy' show? Then again, how many people would understand that reference today, lol?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 8:40 am

I finished Big Mouth and Human Resources.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 1:11 pm

Sherlock, Season 1
episode 4 - The Great Game (2010)

Sherlock, Season 2
episode 1 - A Scandal in Belgravia (2012) - One of my favorites. So many funny moments, and in a way, sweet moments.
"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext." - HA!
episode 2 - The Hound of the Baskerville (2012)
episode 3 - The Reichenbach Fall (2012)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 4:32 pm

Last night we finished watching our way through:

The Newsroom [1996–1997, 2003–2005]
<=>plus associated movie Escape from the Newsroom [2002]

We've seen the whole series + movie before and enjoyed seeing it again.

It is comedy/drama/odd. In three of the season 1 episodes it drifts into a surreal operaish style; in the movie and one of the season 2 episodes it doesn't just break the fourth wall, it demolishes the fourth wall and exits through the hole; and the final episode of season 3 morphs into an animated fairy tale kind of thing.

The series was created, written, and directed by Ken Finkleman—who also stars in it. And he did an excellent job in all four capacities, the show is excellent.

If you can handle odd comedy *DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED*

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 7:12 pm

Sherlock, Season 3
episode 1 - Many Happy Returns (2014)
episode 2 - The Empty Hearse (2014)
episode 3 - The Sign of Three (2014)
episode 4 - His Last Vow (2014) - "I'm not a hero! I'm a high functioning sociopath!"

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 9:12 pm

Sherlock Holmes - The Abominable Bride (2016)
Sherlock set in 1890s with the normal cast playing their roles, but in a British 1890 context. For instance, women cannot vote. Molly must dress as a man so she may be a medical examiner. Dr. Watson sees through it, but does not give her away. Sherlock does not notice. Sherlock is actually in a drug induced state trying to figure out how Moriarty could come back from the dead. As he slips in and out of his overdosed situation, he cycles to the past and back to the present multiple times.

I like this episode. I think it was a single episode for 2016 because it was becoming more difficult to get Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman because of the demand on their schedules.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 3:54 am

Twilight Zone New Years Marathon.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 12:33 pm

The Serpent (2021)

Wikipedia: The Serpent

Maybe it was my mood, but I thought this was an "okay" series. It was long and disturbing to watch. The story is told in time jumping, back and forth, fashion. I have seen this story telling technique work very effectively in the past. It did not feel very organic in this case. The device was okay, but a bit tiresome. Maybe if I watched it again, it would seem better implemented. It was not a bad series. I liked it. I just didn't love it.

This is a true story. It takes place in Bangkok. Charles Sobhrah is a psychopath serial killer who befriends young "hippie" tourists from around the world. He then poisons them, and kills them, stealing their passports, traveler checks, and any gems they may be carrying. Here is a spoiler. Everything Sobhraj says is a lie. Marie-Andrée Leclerc becomes his girl friend and is slowly pulled into his world of theft and murder. Sobhrah kills a young Dutch couple, Henk Bintanja and Cornelia Hemke, and that is where his very excruciating long fall begins. Dutch diplomat Herman Knippenberg follows up on this missing couple where other diplomats and police officials cannot be bothered. They are totally indifferent. He is told by his boss to drop it several times, but he doesn't and he uncovers their fate of being burned alive. He ends up tying their deaths, and several other deaths to Sobhraj, and Marie-Andrée Leclerc.

The series ends with him still serving time in Nepal for another killing. It is 2020. The series was release in January 2021 in Britain and in April on Netflix.

On December 21, 2022 it was ordered that he could be released because of good behavior and his age (78). He was released and deported to France on December 23, 2022, just over one week ago. Isn't that just delightful? (sarcasm)

Henk Bintanja and Cornelia Hemke, the young couple that was poisoned and the burned while still alive.

A Belgian diplomat, Paul Siemons helps Herman, and from the git-go suggests he could shoot Sobhraj. Herman says no, and I suppose he was right to say no. But it would have made for a shorter series and would have saved a few lives. The offer to shoot him pops up from time to time.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Slime People (1989)

Season 2, Episode 8

Watched on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 channel on Sling

It is available on Tubi TV
MST3K: The Slime People on Tubi TV