Page 337 of 414 [ 6616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340 ... 414  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 7:25 pm

Little Britain, Series 1, Episodes 6 & 7

The sketches involving the Prime Minister and Sebastian are brilliant!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 10:16 pm

Avenue 5.
Tales Of The Walking Dead.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 11:52 pm

The Ghost & Mrs. Muir S2:E4 - Double Trouble.

So far the second season isn't as good as the first.

endlesslycurious
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2022, 5:33 pm

I watched all of Cobra Kai Season 5. I actually thought it was the best season. I am surprised this show is so good.

I also watched Black Bird on Apple TV. It is fantastic.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 7:10 pm

Little Britain, Series 1, Episode 8 (last in series).

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 8:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Avenue 5.

I watched season 1 (again) and the first episode of season 2 yesterday. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 8:49 am

I just finished my binge watch of The Midnight Club on Netflix, with about four hours of sleep between the ninth and tenth episodes.

I really enjoyed the series, the story telling, and the way it was told. It is one long story, but each episode has another story told by one of the characters at what they call The Midnight Club. It is scary, and by that it is proper scary. Not like the jump out at you and startle you scary, but the kind that might startle, but it lingers and properly give one the creep, making the hairs on the back of the neck stand up.

It is about an intelligent bright girl, getting ready for her life beyond high school, full of promise, but it is discovered she has thyroid cancer, and it spreads, and she moves into a large Victorian (?) house that could be a bed and breakfast, it were not a hospice for young adults. Then there are the ghosts and the mysteries surrounding the house's past, and the people that came before. The "anthology" stories are each scary and creepy, and well written. For me, it was really well written, and it had a satisfying ending. I know people would like it, except they would never watch it because it full of scary and fantasy and cold hard truth. It is a hospice after all.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 8:51 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
The Ghost & Mrs. Muir S2:E4 - Double Trouble.

So far the second season isn't as good as the first.

I loved that show when I was a kid. Thank you for reminding me about it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 3:33 pm

The pilot episode of East New York.

No noticeable cliches just yet.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 7:24 pm

Sorry Pal, Wrong Number, Series 4, Episode 4 of 'Minder' (1984)

Arthur and Terry join forces with an Irish conman to run a horse-tipping business, which is essentially a scam. Their 'office' consists of three public telephone boxes outside a London railway station. Predictably, the whole operation runs into the buffers when the local residents decide they've had enough, then the Irishman has a heart attack. Not the greatest episode I've ever watched.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 4:28 am

Andor.
Chucky.
Pennyworth: The Origin Of Batman's Butler.
Archer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 4:29 am

pcgoblin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Avenue 5.

I watched season 1 (again) and the first episode of season 2 yesterday. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Indeed. This is actually the second season we're watching now.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 9:22 am

Last night we finished watching the first two seasons of Star Trek: Lower Decks. It is fun! Familiarity with the other Star Trek shows and movies is probably not required to enjoy this cartoon series but there are numerous, often hilarious, cross-references for the benefit of Star Trek fans. (Catching the cross-references is not essential to enjoy the episodes, it just makes them even more fun.)

Definitely RECOMMENDED! (Especially, but not exclusively, for anyone even remotely familiar with Star Trek.)

Biggest complaint so far: The final episode of Season 2 is a cliffhanger! :o Eeek! We want Season 3! (On disk.)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:26 am

Last night we watched Max Headroom [1987–1988] Season 1, Episode 1: "Blipverts".

They introduce the major characters, "Network 23", and create Max Headroom.

This episode's messages include:
- Media outlets might equate viewers to profit and worry more about profit than public safety.
- Technical folk might be more interested in the technology than how it's used.
- Body-banks selling body parts might become rather callous about death.

The title character, Max Headroom, is an AI character created via an incomplete and flawed download of the synaptic map of investigative reporter Edison Carter. Edison works in the news department of "Network 23", a major TV broadcast network. The series is legitimate Science Fiction, each episode contains social commentary via an extrapolated facet of our world.

Before the series was launched Max appeared in some commercials that were not for the show. Based upon those I chose not to watch the series when it started. MISTAKE! What got my attention was when a local morning TV news show had a newspaper critic in who compared the show to Blade Runner. 8O

I started watching the series and immediately became a fan.

Yes, a show where the Max Headroom character was most of the content would probably not be a good show. But he is a supporting character, something of a court jester that occasionally appears in the story and complements the message. Mostly the stories focus on Edison Carter and his co-workers in the news department as they investigate stories.

Comparing the show to Blade Runner is fair but don't expect a big-budget production like a major film would have. Expect Science Fiction satire with the dark feel of Blade Runner. And a bit of steampunk...sometimes deliberate and undoubtedly sometimes due to budget constraints or due to the technological constraints of the era. For instance, the computer keyboards are typically from mechanical typewriters and their graphical displays are typically wire-frame graphics generated with a Commodore Amiga, which was top-of-the-line in 1987. The Max Headroom character, however, was created with prosthesis, blue screen technology, and some film editing.

It was a weekly TV show in 1987. They sometimes had a helicopter and apparently that was "expensive". You don't watch it for the special effects, you watch it for the Science Fiction satire, story, style, and deadpan humor.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:34 am

Last night I watched the third episode of the 6th season of Young Sheldon and is that show ever heating up. Actually, I like this show better than the Big Bang Theory.

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2022, 1:23 am

Ghost Adventures & Ghost Nation, lol

I'm a bit of a skeptic, but it's a guilty-pleasure for sure